If There's a Will, There's a Way

If There's a Will, There's a Way

A Story by Santolinaza
"

Her life as a forgetful Honor Student is always tough as she dashes to do "that homework that was supposedly assigned last night oops".

"

12:20 p.m.

The sound of the school bell rang through Leah’s head. She took the three seconds it took for the bell to stop its screech to sprint through the classroom door and sit at her desk.

“Psst, homie,” said her friend Noah, “Did you get the homework?”

“We had homework?” asked Leah. Her friend gave a sufficient answer by facepalming himself. Leah hurriedly opened her Spanish 1 folder and began rummaging through papers of Práctica

and Preguntas.

“Was is this one?” she asked, wiggling the paper in front of Noah’s face.

“Yes.”

Leah’s plan was set. She folded the paper into eight and put it in her jeans’ pocket while raising her hand to catch her teacher’s attention.

¿Señora Quan, puedo ir al baño?” she asked. The restrooms were her last resort. If she failed to write her homework there it would mean certain death to her grade. She just needed to escape from this classroom. Her chances were slim, but she couldn't let that stop her. It was escape or death and she wasn't ready to die.

“Sí.” said her teacher. Leah didn’t know if it was just her imagination but it looked like the teacher gave out a small sigh. Leah dashed out the classroom, into the restrooms, and locked herself in a bathroom stall.

12:26 p.m.

Her determination to do her work, even if it was in the bathrooms and on the day it was due, was unmatched to that of anyone at her high school. She was not dying today. Reaching into her back pocket, Leah realized she forgot her pencil. Oops!

© 2016 Santolinaza


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on May 7, 2016
Last Updated on May 7, 2016
Tags: shortstory, story, writing, fiction, school, classroom, student, kid, child, figment

Author

Santolinaza
Santolinaza

About
I'm a novice writer looking to make new friends! more..

Writing