A Conversation

A Conversation

A Story by Sapphire
"

For you to interpret

"

Voice 1: Look, can you see her sat there again? Staring into space, thinking hard about something. I wonder what it is. Maybe it’s how lonely she is? I wouldn’t doubt it. When you’re lonely like that, it’s pretty hard to escape from. It follows you around like a mist and it asks you why you mess everything up. It seems to ask the most of the people that can offer it the least. She can’t give any answers. She’s just too numb. How can you expect a response from something that’s dead?


Voice 2: Hey, if you think about it, maybe she’s not lonely because loneliness is always beside her.


Voice 1: True, but it’s not very good company. Can’t you see it reminding her that she’s the one who brought it here? It whispers that she’s the one who can’t form and maintain stable relationships. She never lets anyone in. She’s too afraid they’ll leave again. And they will. You see, people like her, girls like her, they stay alone all their lives.


Voice 2: Why does it have to be that way?


Voice 1: For some people, that’s just the way it goes. It’s sad, but at least life is planned. One day, when she’s kept it up long enough to satisfy those around her. Hit all the big milestones. She’ll do what it asks.


Voice 2: What does it ask?


Voice 1: To be left alone.

 

-          Sapphire

© 2017 Sapphire


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on September 1, 2017
Last Updated on September 1, 2017
Tags: nonsense, short story, loneliness, depression, isolation, schizophrenia

Author

Sapphire
Sapphire

United Kingdom