Broomsage Sunset

Broomsage Sunset

A Poem by Sunflower/Sara Kendrick
"

Prose poetry

"
Previous Version
This is a previous version of Broomsage Sunset.



I gathered broomsage this morning.  Down where the rabbits and bunnies hide.  It had grown to tremendous height.  It was easy to gather for I had my tools by my side..Now I bundle it together and do as God commands...To make a broomsage paintbrush to paint the evening sky..Just as the sun is setting I can sweep across the sky the colors that he has provided in buckets by my side..There are five buckets colors different everyone no..there are two yellow for he knew I favored this color at the setting of the sun..With this beautiful yellow I can paint yellow and yellow-orange..It will seem the sky is happy and cheer everyone...That will be glorious sunset those colors alone..When I opened the containers they were dry as a potsherd...Now the sky won't contain the yellow so I'll open the three that are left...I have only three choices....Opening everyone..The first is Cobalt Blue that is dark and cold not warm like the yellow or the orange...It matched the tears that are flowing from my saddened eyes...Opening another there was Burgundy-red to my much surprise...It matched my bleeding heart which oozed from the pain that's going on in the world..This makes my tears come down like flooding rain...I have to stop for awhile...Then I open the last bucket which held only white icy cold like new fallen snow...How could I paint a sunset with only Cobalt, Burgundy, and White against a sky-blue sky..God showed me what to do for in my Spirit He said..dip your broomsage paintbrush into the Cobalt blue and then in white fling an arch across the sky add then some burgundy in a clamshell design as if it is the rays of the sun...With these colors let the world feel the tears and the drips of a bleeding heart...For My Heart is Bleeding for the world that is torn apart...

© 2010 Sunflower/Sara Kendrick


Author's Note

Sunflower/Sara Kendrick
Legislation has passed that will use our tax dollars to pay for genocide of innocent unborn babies...



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

0 Views
Added on March 28, 2010
Last Updated on March 28, 2010
Tags: Sadness, political, descriptive

Author

Sunflower/Sara Kendrick
Sunflower/Sara Kendrick

Thomaston, GA



About
The miniscule is very important.. more..

Writing