Lost Soul

Lost Soul

A Story by Smwtdmgd

A boy was living with his parents and his younger brother in the squeaking old house not so far from here. The house was sometimes awfully quite and sometimes made strange noises but the boy's parents always comforted him when he got scared. Although the boy was handled warmly by his parents he would feel alone again eventually because his younger brother needed to be taken care of as he was just an infant. One night after finishing the dinner he went to his room to finish his homework. He took out the notebooks and his stationary materials and suddenly the lights turn off for a while and comes back again. He then hears the mirrors of his drawer shivering in a manner of small earthquake and stops and starts again after a while. He starts to grasp what really is happening and goes nearer to the drawer and stops while he is halfway through. It's like everything stopped and became so silent that you can hear even a needle falling on the floor. The boy stands there shaking and confused and all of a sudden he hears someone knocking hard on his door. Knock Knock!!! He completely goes numb as he shivers from head to toe. He controls himself and tries to open the door slowly and while he opens he could hear the door making a creaking sound chilling down his spine. As he completely opens the door he sees nothing but stairs and a dim light but as he stares in the emptiness he sees a shadow of an old woman climbing up the stairs. The boy not knowing what to do runs upstairs to his parent's room calling out for help to his mother. " Mom! Mom! There's an old lady downstairs..." The boy freaks out completely and squeezes into his mother's arms. His mom calms him down convincing him that there is no one else but them in the house and gives him a kiss on his forehead. The boy still isn't convinced so his father takes him downstairs holding his hand. "See there's no one here.." His father giving him a fake smile and as he turns away a black cat runs through the stairs and jumps out of the window. "Oh it's just a cat buddy. It's gone away. Let's go now, I will help you sleep." His father takes him to his room and smooches him to bed and leaves saying, "Goodnight little buddy. We are here always watching after you and so is your grandmaa." After hearing that the boy could not sleep as he knew his grandmother was dead few months ago and again after a while, Knock! Knock! someone was pounding on the door again. The boy turns blue and covers his face all the way through with his bed sheets. As he was all scared and grinding his teeth he hears a whisper from his right ear, " I will always be watching you."

© 2018 Smwtdmgd


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on September 21, 2018
Last Updated on September 21, 2018
Tags: short story, horror

Author

Smwtdmgd
Smwtdmgd

Kathmandu, Nepal



About
don't know what I am or what I was...still trying to figure it out...lot goes on my mind...non-stop! from a small country Nepal living in Kathmandu.love to smoke a lot of weed! love the loneliness but.. more..

Writing
You You

A Poem by Smwtdmgd


At Last At Last

A Poem by Smwtdmgd