I

I

A Poem by Smwtdmgd

I am a God, I am the Devil.
I provide the circumstances for an easy life yet I am the one to make it hard.
I am the one who brings you down still I am the one who raises your level.
I am the one who gives you hope and I am the one who leaves you scarred.

I am the one who cared deeply but I am the one who remained a mystery.
I am the one who exaggerates your pain yet I was the one who put you out of misery.
I was the one who helped you climb the highest mountains still I will be the one who will push you out of envy.
I am the one to lie but I expect everyone to speak truthfully.

I am the Buddha, I am the Hitler,
I can spread peace worldwide yet I can be the mass murderer.
I could put the gun in your hands or I could free you from your own prison.
I can start the war in the name of racism or later people could pay me tribute and start a different religion.


I am a human being, that's who I choose to be.
I make mistakes and I learn from it.
I am not perfect, that's not what I intend to be.
This world ain't a joyride but I know I have the guts to live through it.

© 2018 Smwtdmgd


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

So thought provoking. I loved and didn't expect the last four lines. As I was reading, I wondered what the end would be like, and it didn't disappoint. Great piece. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Smwtdmgd

5 Years Ago

thank you very much..!! I'm glad you liked it...means a lot...
Nicole

5 Years Ago

You're welcome...loved it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
1 Review
Added on September 25, 2018
Last Updated on September 25, 2018

Author

Smwtdmgd
Smwtdmgd

Kathmandu, Nepal



About
don't know what I am or what I was...still trying to figure it out...lot goes on my mind...non-stop! from a small country Nepal living in Kathmandu.love to smoke a lot of weed! love the loneliness but.. more..

Writing
You You

A Poem by Smwtdmgd


At Last At Last

A Poem by Smwtdmgd