Sapphire Moon

Sapphire Moon

A Poem by Saria Lon
"

From my book, Rowan's Rising Journey. Thera's prophecy.

"

Sapphire Moon


The fighter fights, the lover loves,

The seeker seeks, tis true. 

The purple answer hides within,

concealed in shades of blue.

Eyes of yellow, stripes of black,

a paradise of falls.

Rooted in the waves of wind

the wise old willow calls.

A hero in a wild land,

a journey just begun.

A shadowed soul to skies unseen

shall help to hide the sun -

for then the new Sapphire Moon 

shall shine for years to come.

© 2016 Saria Lon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is really cool! Unfortunately, I don't have any context for it (but I'm sure the story is awesome); however, I love the way it sounds. The rhythm is excellent, and the rhymes are great as well. It reads just like a prophecy. My favorite lines are "A shadowed soul to skies unseen / shall help to hide the sun." Very nice alliteration. :) Great work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Saria Lon

7 Years Ago

Thank you! Your reviews always appreciated. :)



Reviews

Very Romantic writing you have a romantic eye for words to say in the right ways.

Posted 6 Years Ago


You have a wondrous way with words!! This is awesome! Those last two lines really put it over the top! Well freaking done!

Posted 6 Years Ago


I was caught by the first bursts of rhyme, the flow and dance of the theme, and so happy I to find til the last, the story a strong and welcome dream.
Good structure and form, the imagery is powerful and full of light. "The purple answer hides within, concealed in shades of blue", a riddle within a spell, I am truly fond of the conceptual language here, the word play has lovely depths.
If I could ask anything and perhaps to ask for anything is too much, two more lines would complete the rhyming scheme, not that your work in any way suffers from the lack, in fact you worked well the inclusion of the last two lines in to the previous four.
An interesting fancy, with strength and vigor, well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Saria Lon

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much! The poem is from my story- Chapter 6: Purple! I thought it might work well as a s.. read more
clever using different colors for some of the lines. good thing I'm not colorblind, or that would've been a shame :) (I really hope I'm not colorblind :P)

Posted 7 Years Ago


a nice verbal rhythm but "feels" two lines short to me.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Saria Lon

7 Years Ago

Yeah I wasn't sure about that. I'm thinking I'll add two more lines. Thanks for the comment! :)
This is really cool! Unfortunately, I don't have any context for it (but I'm sure the story is awesome); however, I love the way it sounds. The rhythm is excellent, and the rhymes are great as well. It reads just like a prophecy. My favorite lines are "A shadowed soul to skies unseen / shall help to hide the sun." Very nice alliteration. :) Great work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Saria Lon

7 Years Ago

Thank you! Your reviews always appreciated. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

447 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 13, 2016
Last Updated on July 16, 2016
Tags: poem, prophecy, fantasy, moon, mystical, dream

Author

Saria Lon
Saria Lon

CA



About
I'm Saria! I love storytelling and poetry for its help in self-understanding and acceptance, the understanding and acceptance of others, and the understanding and acceptance of our world. Join my.. more..

Writing
Summary Summary

A Chapter by Saria Lon



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..