The Truth About Suicide

The Truth About Suicide

A Poem by Sasha
"

Many people ask everytime they see someone commit suicide why they did it. "Don't they realize that eventually everything will sort itself out?", "There are other ways to solve a problem."

"

I’m forgetting the point of living.

I’m slowly losing hope.

I feel everyday will be the same.

Until I hang myself with that rope.

 

I keep making excuses.

Saying that they’ll be better off when I die.

I keep telling myself,

That maybe I’m moving to a better life.

 

Already alienated,

I know no one cares.

I know it won’t make a difference,

If I throw myself down those stairs.

 

I tried to cling on,

To something worth living for.

But soon I realized,

There is nothing left to adore.

 

There’s only one thing I want people to know,

Before I die,

One truth everyone should know.

The Truth About Suicide.

© 2009 Sasha


Author's Note

Sasha
People often don't realize the state of mind of some one who commits suicide. I'm at that point right now and wanted to help anyone out there who doesn't know, what's going on in a suicidal's mind when they do something life taking.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can relate. great writing, dear.

Posted 13 Years Ago


That is so tragic, but true. I have had a couple of close friends who committed suicide, not realising in one case what a life-changing development was just around the corner that they would never know about.
You have captured the acceptance of the end and determination to carry it out painfully well.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dom
I liked this. It reminds me of a friend I have who always says shes going to commit suicide and she always says life would be better without her. Suicide is pretty confusing. A person wouldn't know if the world was better without them because they would be dead at thats it.
Anyway, good job, ur an awesome writer.
-Dom

Posted 14 Years Ago


The only truth about suicide is your life is done. Two of my brothers committed suicide. Left no note and excuses. Left a mother and family with no understanding or purpose for their death. We all feel confused and lost in a life. Death is death. No chance to see old friends. Just a trip to hell possible. I tell people if you don't like where you are. Move and find a purpose in life. A powerful poem. A suicidal's mind mean there is no hope or purpose in a life. Everyone had a purpose.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

291 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 23, 2009
Last Updated on December 23, 2009

Author

Sasha
Sasha

Gurgaon, Agnostic, India



About
We just go on and on. living, dying and living again. Its what we do in those few blips of our existence in this universe that matters. Gandhi said, everything we do in our life will be insignificant.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Just Breathe Just Breathe

A Poem by River