Inevitable

Inevitable

A Story by Satvika : )

It all ended on that peaceful winter night. As the intricate snowflakes slept on the dusty roads of an old town. Not a single soul in sight. Wind rustling through the white leaves, whispering through the calm. And I, alone, creep crunching the soft snow under my tired feet. Aimlessly I wonder, like my entire life was falling apart. And that was when it actually did. A single phone call shattered the complete serenity of the scene. A single phone call broke my life.

“Hello? Is this Valentina?” the voice croaked.

“Yes. Who is this?”

“I am calling from 911 and have the unfortunate news of your mother’s demise. She had met with an accident and lost too much blood. We are very sorry.” 

The phone dropped from my quivering hands, as time froze so did my heart. No tears, just an excruciating pain tugging at my scarred heart. My thoughts were blank as the raw reality of the situation finally settled in. As in a way to compensate with the lost time, my feet carried me through the cold. I raced into the haunting hospital and dashed through the dull doors.

The first thing my sparkling eyes met with was a lifeless pale face. The face of my beloved mother. And as if I had finally understood what was going on, I completely broke down. Tears cascading down my cheeks and my helpless cries for my lost mother. Out of the dark a strong hand grabbed my shoulder pulling me into a tight hug. My father. Together we shared our sorrows, pitifully consoling one another.

After what felt like 3 hours, we had finally stifled our sobs. When it hit me, this is all my fault. If I hadn’t fought with her she would still be here. Holding me, telling me everything was okay.

As I recalled the past, newly flowing tear stained the bed where she lay. I held her hand in an attempt to revive that very past.

“I’m sorry Mom. I’m so sorry.”

But this time she was not there to tell me it was okay or to reprimand me for saying sorry. She just laid still, the blankets stenched in her blood. A quiet pallor took over her face.



Death is inevitable. Never fear death. But make sure that when it all ends you won’t be left with empty regrets and painful what ifs. Love till your last breath. Smile till your last beat. And live till it all ends…

THE END

© 2018 Satvika : )


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
I had truly lost the focusing of my eyes in the story as my eyes were filled with that strange mixture of H2O and Na2Cl!!
I love my mom and reading this makes me scare if I do hurt her again will I ever get time to say sorry?!!
This is really like, skipped a beat of my heart!

Posted 5 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Satvika : )

5 Years Ago

Yeah... I couldn't imagine life without my mother either... :(
She really is everything to m.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
1 Review
Added on May 17, 2018
Last Updated on May 17, 2018

Author

Satvika : )
Satvika : )

About
Honestly... There couldn't be much to say about myself. I'm a teenage girl with a war raging in my mind just like everyone else. I wish to seek acceptance through WritersCafe, something I never receiv.. more..

Writing
Asifa. Asifa.

A Poem by Satvika : )