Chapter Five:This is My Duty.

Chapter Five:This is My Duty.

A Chapter by RedRozeNinja13

“Missy- I’ll ask you one more time…...what. did. you. do?” I say slowly, so that even a perky sorority girl like her could understand. An eerie smile creeps across her freckled face that makes me back up a step.

“I called it….It’s mine now. If I feed it….it will help me get rid of pests like you. It gives me the power to execute the guilty….” There’s a low growl and the closet door opens itself- I turn and barrage the inside of the closet with all the bullets loaded in the barrel.

‘Bam!Bam!Bam!Bam!Bam!Bam!’ there’s a flash as each of them go off, showing a glimpse of the dark shadows and blood on the walls with each rapid shot. The empty casings clink against the ground as a reminder of just how small death can be. I put the gun back in it’s holster and watch the closet with narrow eyes, curls of smoke coil through the air from the previous gunfire.

“V….you really are…..” Clayton’s weak voice shakes.

“Don’t speak Clayton. All you need to know is that I’m going to clean this mess up, ok?”

“I wouldn’t be so sure- I don’t need my pet to take care of you….he’s already told me- you’re only human.” Missy grabs me by my honey-blonde hair and drags me back a few staggered steps- I catch my footing for a moment and ram my elbow up her ribcage. This girl is seriously demented if she thinks she can take me on in a fight one on one. My father is Bobby Singer for God’s sake. I turn and am shocked to see that crazed face right in mine- those dark hazel eyes glinting with some foreign madness that this sorority girl could no way have obtained on her own.

“Anata wa kon'ya shinu…” she laughs darkly in a voice that slips out and makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up on end. That little slip up tells me all I  need to know. Japanese for ‘You die tonight.’ with this darkness, and that language- I’m certain I know what has happened.

Missy is in a contract with an Akuma- an evil spirit of japanese origin.

Her first mistake was associating with the thing- once you let an akuma in, it never leaves….

“How could you do this to yourself, Missy….?” I say softly with perhaps a hint of sympathy. But that doesn’t last long. The b*tch tries to break my leg with an iron pole. Where in hell did she get an iron pole from anyway?! I jump back and she laughs maniacally. I have to admit- I have severe doubt over whether I could really kill Missy or not. After all- she’s still Clayton’s sister, no matter what, and I find it hard to believe she would have seriously intended for this to happen- despite what she’s saying now. I can hear Ripper and Villa pining as I catch my footing and glare at Missy.

“You know what Vivian? I never really liked you that much anyway…...I think I will let you be my pet’s next meal after all……” I watch in grotesque fascination as first the shadow of a hand, then an arm, then a head, neck, torso and legs drags itself out of her mouth- an inky black figure with a white clay mask over it’s face that looms over me by at least a good three feet. Whatever this thing is- it’s been manifested for at least three weeks…..and the likelihood is…..hiding in Missy’s body. It knows everything she knows- by now both her and the akuma are one and the same. They have merged, she is it’s host and by now- the entirety of her free will has vanished. Whether she meant it or not- Missy has condemned her own soul. She will suffer until I release her from the hold the dark spirit has on her- leeching off of her body and life force until she is nothing more. And then it will find a new host. I must end this now, before it can manifest further and become even stronger. The evil that runs deep has already infected Missy- it will infect others too given the chance. It is an illness, a plague all human beings harbor within them with no cure to be found. And yet there are still doctors. Hunters there to control the outbreak. To try and stop it in it’s tracks.

“The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you!” I shout, grasping at the three inch long crucifix around a chain on my neck- the spirit shrieks at me and shudders, lashing at me and I ram my crucifix into it’s fist, waves of darkness barraging me like an earthquake when they meet. I shout the verse again as the monster bears down against my crucifix- such tiny protection in comparison. The incredible weight forces me to my knees, my arm feels like lead- and i feel my shoulder pop out of place. I grimance, but continue to say the verses over and over, a mantra, as I look past the beast at Missy’s still and vacant form. I draw my second gun from it’s holster at my hip, and I aim it at her. Even repeating my biblical mantra- I hesitate. Missy…..Missy was a good girl. She was Clayton’s sister.

I see her lips move as tears well in those dark hazel eyes- she is petrified by her reliance on the akuma, the being has taken away every part of her free will- and yet….tears? How….

“Do it V…….It’s your duty…..you have to do it….” her soft voice cracks.

Yes. My duty as a hunter to exterminate the evil manifestations of this world. To stop the outbreak at any cost. To ease Missy’s suffering and set her free. To cease this plauge that rages within human kind.

Yes. My duty as Vivian Verona Singer. As who I am, is to do things that would destroy any normal human’s sanity.

I look into her eyes as my aim steadies.

“I’m Sorry.”


I pull the trigger.


© 2013 RedRozeNinja13


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

*crying* I'm sorry......... Gimmie a minute.....

Okay. I really like how well this is written. Though there's death and despair and all that hunter crap, it's great. I feel bad for Clayton and his family, and I sorta feel bad for V too. And what the heck happened to Dan and Jayce? Did they just disappear?

Posted 10 Years Ago


EmaleighLynn

10 Years Ago

OH yeah.....Forgot about that.....
RedRozeNinja13

10 Years Ago

How could you forget her narrarative of that? XD
EmaleighLynn

10 Years Ago

I don't know.........
What?!?!? Why missy? Poor girl. Nice chapter, though.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I...I like it, I like the description that is used and the amount of detail that you have used to describe the creature. It is a very well written chapter, and it can show that V can be human instead of the solid hunter personality.

Posted 10 Years Ago


RedRozeNinja13

10 Years Ago

whats with the hesitation to say you like it? XD
Catherine Frain

10 Years Ago

I am so shocked by the chapter, I had to pull myself together before I did the actual review

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

407 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 2, 2013
Last Updated on October 2, 2013
Tags: fantasy, supernatural, monster hunting, drama, humor, romance


Author

RedRozeNinja13
RedRozeNinja13

Columbia, SC



About
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell. It occurred to me that it was time for this little oddball to update her profile, you know? Lots of things have changed....and not all of them are good, in fact- hardly any a.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by RedRozeNinja13



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..