Tribute to The Beloved

Tribute to The Beloved

A Poem by Savannah Johnson
"

My parents mean everything to me.

"

Love is waking up at 5:30 just to make them eggs and biscuits before i leave for school.

It's the card that sings "Sweet Home Alabama" and makes him smile, even though he absolutely denies it's his birthday.

It's picking up the clothes off of their bedroom floor when their gone, just to see the amazingly surprised look on their faces.

The little "thank you" and "i love you" notes that i left in dads lunch for tomorrow morning.

When i do their laundry, fold it and put it away because their too tired to get out of bed, expecting nothing in return.

Spending all day thinking about how i'm going to make them smile when i walk through the door.

LOVE is the little things that matter to them most, that let them know your listening, and that you care.Love can be so many things, but my parents are what love means to me.

 

 

© 2009 Savannah Johnson


Author's Note

Savannah Johnson
I really just wanted to say, family is the only real constant in life, treat them well no matter what your feeling.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bay
It's inspiring that you have this view on family.... thank you! I totally agree with you.
God bless you.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
1 Review
Added on October 22, 2009

Author

Savannah Johnson
Savannah Johnson

Yukon, OK



About
I'm a young Author/ Artist. Who is not easily inspired so bare with me. I got this site from one of my teachers actually. I would love to hear any opinions at all! more..

Writing