How to get there?

How to get there?

A Story by Susan
"

My mom wrote this and she wanted me to post it so I am.

"

There once was a man that was a picture of “ALL TOGETHER”.  Almost from birth, he seemed to know what life was all about and as he grew, he was the picture of wisdom, knowledge, and understanding.  He figured out that there was an order to life that meant somebody, a whole lot bigger than him, was in charge of things.  He fondly called this somebody, “The Big Guy”. 

 

Well, he knew that if he were ever to meet “the big guy”, he would have to be prepared to make a good impression.  Not wanting to forget anything important, he kept meticulous records of everything he did.  He didn’t waste time on anything that would not impress “the big guy”.

 

Needless to say, the records of his accomplishments grew and grew.  His assets were off the charts.  His list of who’s who, that he knew personally, began to look like Santa’s Christmas list.  He lived his whole life to impress “the big guy” and knew that this meeting was inevitable. 

 

He even read lots of books on this mysterious “big guy” but over time, threw out all this information because nobody could agree and after all, wouldn’t “the big guy”, well, be like him? 

 

Why some people referred to “the big guy” as Father and wouldn’t any father be proud of a son like him…a regular chip off the old block.   He doubted very much that the people who called him Father would get much attention, compared to him.  He was sure he would be #1 son.

 

Well the long awaited day finally arrived to meet “the big guy”.  Actually when he arrived at the mansion, this big, strange-looking, glowing man answered the door that…well, wouldn’t even let him in!!!  He kept knocking and waiting outside with all the lifelong records he kept hoping to impress “the big guy”.   

 

He was about to give up and leave when out of nowhere somebody approached him that looked like…maybe the Gardner.   Well, maybe he could get the Gardner to help him get an audience with “The Big Guy”. 

 

The Gardner smiled a sad smile and listened while the man showed him all his great accomplishments and his list of who he knew that was important and when the man finished the Gardner looked up as if hearing something.  At first the man didn’t hear a thing but finally he heard a voice say, “Son, is your name on the list?”  With tears rolling down his cheeks, the Gardner said, “No Father, it isn’t! 

 

Before the man walked back down the path, dragging his credentials behind him, he heard one final thing!  There’s only one thing that impresses “The Big Guy”… His Son, has to know YOU!

**************************************************************************************

 

© 2008 Susan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on October 10, 2008

Author

Susan
Susan

MO



About
Well I'm Susan, I am weird and strange as my friends will tell you....I can be very talkative that is if you know me....if not you might not even notice I'm there... I'm a writter and a very spectacul.. more..

Writing