Reflection in the Tide

Reflection in the Tide

A Poem by Sazaku
"

Paint the sea in Heaven's luster, undulating serpent of swirling sapphire.

"
Soothing rhythm beyond the waves,
an endless maelstrom storms within.
Carving the world's canyons and caves
from Her shapely, supple skin.

Paint the sea in Heaven's luster,
undulating serpent of swirling sapphire.
Beneath the surface shadows muster.
Depths of emptiness, bleak and dire.

The surf crawls to a languid still,
I peer inside the endless blue.
Violent shiver, sparked by sudden chill.
That empty realm is within me, too.

Your siren song beckons, plunge into damnation,
and commune at the bottom of the sea.
Alas, my dear, today I'll resist the temptation.
Though if I fail, reserve a seat for me.

© 2016 Sazaku


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

When I read your work, I often have to resist a bit of envy-- it's so lyrically beautiful at times, its like you're making love to the English language-- and I, the jealous suitor!
Congrats on your much deserved 1st in Eliza's contest.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I have many questions about this piece. The more I read it the more I discovered. My interpretations could be completely wrong of course (and if they are please correct me!) but, is this a poem of drowning? Or at least the contemplation of it. The draw of the sea, that "seat" at the end and the overall romantic tones created a thread of obsession. The narrators fate simply a temptation. Should they give in and take a seat?...

At first, I mistook the 'Her' for somebody, rather simply, a woman. Although the more I read I noticed you had personified the sea, with its siren song (which I presume to be waves) and its serpent like movements that seemingly draw the narrator in. It is a potion of unknown. Its "swirling sapphire" somehow reflect heaven, even though darkness awaits beneath the surface. This oxymoron you created allowed for images of white light to become intertwined with the blue/blackish tone of the sapphire in my mind.

Again, please correct me if I am wrong. This was purely my interpretation.

Many thanks,
Eliza




Posted 5 Years Ago


This is beautifully written. You are a gifted poet.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sazaku

7 Years Ago

Thank you. :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 4, 2016
Last Updated on June 6, 2016

Author

Sazaku
Sazaku

KY



About
Words in chiseled stone bear truths I can't bear to share. But I fear I must. ------------------------------------------------ I'm just a student pretending to be a writer, pretending to be a .. more..

Writing
Asylum Eyes Asylum Eyes

A Poem by Sazaku


Wait / Weight Wait / Weight

A Poem by Sazaku