The Wages of Love and War

The Wages of Love and War

A Story by Sbwats
"

Sometimes people are products of their environments, and you can be like the company you keep. These are words built on miscommunication and bad perceptions. Come read how monsters can be built!!!!!!

"
  The Wages of Love and War

In everything there is a price or sacrifice that has to be made. It pretty much doesn’t matter if its large or small, purposeful or accidental, or even a want or desire; every action has a price! The question never stopped and asked is, Can we afford or live with the price of that consequence or effects of that action?

   The Creation of Monsters
Chapter 1

“How did this happen? I can’t believe you really did it!” Cassandra was both screaming and whispering at the same time, almost in comparison to Mariah Carey’s singing.
“What the hell you mean you can’t believe  I actually id it, we talked about it the other night!” The voice I heard belonged to a man that I had no knowledge or recognition of. As I peered through the crack of my mom and dad’s bedroom door, I could see her standing there in front of a tall brown skinned man and they were both standing over what appeared to be my father. Now I knew that the loud thump that brought me to this very spot was the sound of my father hitting the floor.
Not wanting to alarm them that I had been listening in, I slowly backed away from the door and retreated back to my room. To listen or witness further was too much to bear. What I saw and heard freightened me and broke my heart all at the same time.
Had I just witnessed the death of my father? No this is murder! Hadc I just heard the culprits confess? Was one of the culprits in fact my own mother? So many questions to answers I knew I wouldn’t be getting any time soon. How could this be? How could she do this to him, to me? I thought she loved him; d****t I loved my father! What should I do? I loved my mother until this very moment.
I sat still stunned because this had to be a dream. This could not be my life unraveling like a lifetime movie because I’m only 12. I don’t know how to deal with this! How can I prove this with ou looking crazy or being set up by own mother? My only option was to cry myself to sleep and await the next morning. After all I was supposed to be sleeping anyway.

When I opened my eyes I couldn’t quite focus in right away. I must have blinked a thjousand times feeling disoriented like I had been in a coma for weeks. Once again I tried o hold my eyes steady so that I could move or keep my eyes open but I felt so drained. Geesh, I couldn’t have cried that much. Once I was able to keep my eyes focused just as I suspected while repeastedly blinking; this isn’t where I fell asleep. This place was more like a hospital. Looking around observing the area more I knew this was in fact a hospital. Yet and still why am I the one in the hospital with I.V’s in my arms?
Before I could think another though or question I heard movement to my left and noticed my mother waking up in the chair by a large window.  Her eyes were swollenand red and her clothes looked like always, like she was getting ready to walk the runway or do a photo shoot. She couldn’t have been too sad to take time to llok as good as she did. This woman I called mother was beginning to amaze me more and more.

“Hey sweety!” She looked and sounded concerned but I didn’t know her any more, and I didn’t know why I had been hospitalized.
“What’s going on? Why am  in here?”  Before she could respond, the nurse was walking in to check my vitals.
“Hello Ziare, how ou feeling today?” The nurse seemed pleasant enough.
“I’m drained but fine, What’s wrong with me?”
“Looking at the results and looks of things from the trauma you experienced, you had a series of panick and anxiety attacks.”
“Trauma! What trauma?” The nurse heard me loud and clear but looked back to my mother like she wanted her to speak up.
“ well dear, I’ll let your mother talk to you in just a bi, Just checking your vitals, test already came back clear, everything is looking good. You should be able to get discharged shortly.”

My mom the spoke up, “thank you so kindly Ms. Kutcherson, I’ll take it from here.”
“Ziare baby before I tell you this let me first assure you that I love you so very much, and that everything will be better in time.”
“Mom what is it?” The sound of mom coming out of my mouth made me cringe and I couldn’t take the bull anymore.
“You don’t remember what happened baby?”
“Apparently not!” I was beyond and above annoyed with this lady that sat before me. The act began so quickly, tears rolling down her cheeks as she rubbed my arm up and down in fast sweeping motions. “You and our father werer on your way out the door after breakfast,” she dniffled a little before continuing, “ You know so he could take you to school, and he go to the door and just dropped! Ziare, you don’t remember any of this?”
As I stared at my mother it was as if I was looking at a ghost. What he freak was she talking about. I don’t remember it being morning time number one, number two I was in my bed for  sure.
Over whelmed I laid my head back down as tears began to fall. The tears weren’t from the loss of memory because I wanted to forget, but for the reality of the pieces I did remember and that was that my father was dead and my mother the culprit.
I didn’t want to be apart of this cover up m mom tried to coarse me into, it was my father for goodness sake. I would go along with the lies she told for now but my evidence and facts would be gathered in the long run. 

“No, I do not remember, my head hurts bad and my mouth is dry. What’s wrong with him? Why did he just pass out and die?” Yeah, explain that to me please, I thought.
“Baby that’s what I would like to know too. The doctors have done test and found nothing. They said it to be massive stress to the heart. Just try to get your strength. Everything will be just fine.  Im going to start getting your paper work together in the process.”


   Funeral day was a ablurred memory in my mind. From the moment I stood in the door of that room and witnessed my father’s demise, I couldn’t think straight. Nothing was at all what it seemed.
   When they lowered him to the ground with over one hundre family and friends athered around, my heart broke with every inch lowered. That’s the last thing I remembered of that day until I passed out.

© 2016 Sbwats


Author's Note

Sbwats
I will add additional pieces, I just want to know does it make you want to read further from the first page?!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on July 2, 2016
Last Updated on July 2, 2016

Author

Sbwats
Sbwats

Baltimore, MD



About
In the process of sharing my work with the world. I love writing poetry, short novels and music. more..

Writing
Truthful Lies Truthful Lies

A Poem by Sbwats


A Dozen Roses A Dozen Roses

A Poem by Sbwats