Breaking

Breaking

A Poem by SimplyDisastrous

When you're in a situation that's slowly tearing you apart, like me, it's like your world has crashed and broken into pieces. You feel almost, but not quite, at wits end. It's impossible for you not to wonder how others walk around, living their lives as if the world has not been tipped on its axis, damn near falling into a black pit of stars and sky. You wonder how others aren't as unhappy as you are right then. You wish to do things, things you wouldn't have dreamed of doing in the past; creating mischief, sparking trouble along the lives of others. You sometimes wish you were the only one on the planet, dead bodies splayed this way and that before you on the pavement, blood melting in a deadly black puddle at your feet.

You won't recognize yourself as being the the little girl or boy you saw in the mirror weeks ago, months ago, years ago. If you were like me you would feel ugly when people stared at you, dirty when people glared at you, stupid when you made a mistake. You would blame everything bad that happened on yourself, no one else, you would feel like no matter what you did, you'd never win, you would always f**k up somehow, you would feel like you had no purpose, lonely even when you were around others.

You would wish you could turn off all the noise, the regret, worry, pain, loneliness, desire, want, thoughts, speech, and just crack under pressure, falling in splinters to the floor.

But, who would pick up the pieces?

© 2010 SimplyDisastrous


Author's Note

SimplyDisastrous
Prose. Something I wrote one day in Global Studies class when I was upset about He Who Must Not be Spoken Of. >.< (Sweat drop)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow. Must of been about WW2. The description and anger was powerful in the words. So many lines stood out.
"You sometimes wish you were the only one on the planet, dead bodies splayed this way and that before you on the pavement, blood melting in a deadly black puddle at your feet."
A amazing poem. I like the end a lot. Thank you for sharing.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow. Must of been about WW2. The description and anger was powerful in the words. So many lines stood out.
"You sometimes wish you were the only one on the planet, dead bodies splayed this way and that before you on the pavement, blood melting in a deadly black puddle at your feet."
A amazing poem. I like the end a lot. Thank you for sharing.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautifully written and so truthful. This is a situation we all relate to in one way or another. I really love this. Excellent.

100/100

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 12, 2010
Last Updated on July 18, 2010

Author

SimplyDisastrous
SimplyDisastrous

Hartford, CT



About
Hey. I used to be on here alot when I was 15. Now, not so much. I'm 18 now and I'm not nearly as depressing as I used to be, but still depressing enough. Message me and feel free to read my old poems... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..