The Good Kind of Crying

The Good Kind of Crying

A Poem by Laura Marie

It was the good kind of crying.

The kind of crying that pours out all the emotions you had been burying inside of you for too long.

Sure, I had never felt so terrible in my entire life, but there was a sense of comfort in each uncontrolled sob that escaped from my shaking body.

The tears running down my cheeks felt warm on my skin, and the few tears that dripped into my trembling mouth tasted of a sharp salt that awakened my senses.

I couldn’t stop, but honestly, I didn’t want to.

I had been lying to myself for too long, saying everything was okay when it wasn’t. 

Saying I was okay when I wasn’t. 

I don’t know how long I sat in the corner of the bathroom tucked away in my basement crying, but it was the perfect amount of time. 

I had needed that good kind of crying.

The good kind of crying puts you to sleep even though you think you won’t live to see tomorrow.  

The good kind of crying feels like a confession, a cleansing that was long over do.

I fell asleep with a few final tears streaming down my face, a pounding in my head erupting from the intense cry, and the longing to escape into the better life that awaited me in my dreams.

© 2012 Laura Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

=]

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 7, 2012
Last Updated on December 7, 2012
Tags: pain, crying, emotion, tears, dreams

Author

Laura Marie
Laura Marie

New Port, CA



Writing
Trivia Trivia

A Story by Laura Marie


Trivia Trivia

A Story by Laura Marie