Voices

Voices

A Story by Nicole Pilar
"

We all want those who hold us close, even if those that do can't exactly 'hold' us at all

"

 

It’s funny how in the silence you can still hear the voices. Always there, maybe not
loud, but never leaving. The voices have purpose though, I learned this early on. If you let them guide you, you would be alright. People, they leave all the time; you can never trust a person, because you might as well bet  that the next day they won’t be there. But the voices never abandon, never leave you to fend for yourself. They are my family, my real family. My fake family is no more. I’m not sure when it happened exactly; I just know that they’re not there anymore. I do know it was for the best though. The voices, they told me. That’s why you must avoid people. People could try to get close; try to take my voices away. People are the ones always judging, always labeling. They are the ones who use words like “crazy” and “disturbed”. I know the truth though: they’re just jealous; they want my voices, want them for themselves. They can’t have them though! 
 
 
No one will ever take my voices away from me. They’ve tried before, oh have they tried. But I won. I always win because my voices tell me what to do to win. So they can stay with me, so they can love me. They never lie, they love me, they protect me. And in return I do favors for them. Sometimes the favors are hard; sometimes I don’t like to do them, but the voices remind me that if I don’t they could have to leave. I don’t want that! The voices can’t leave, they CAN’T! So the voices and I have each other in a never-ending bond and when people try to break that bond… I guess they just… fade away.

© 2008 Nicole Pilar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on March 1, 2008