A play about a blue bag

A play about a blue bag

A Poem by Peter Wisdom
"

A poem about a girl I once knew.

"
Centre stage and here I am.

No longer a boy, but instead a man.

And as frightful and diligent as that may seem the only thing I'm scared of is you're no longer my queen.

The curtain drew so long ago.

The after parties over now and I've got no where to go.

The encore came, and the crowds they roared and they soured, threw their hats up and clapped with applause.

The stage is empty and the seats are too, but I'm still sat here waiting for you....

Am I addicted to the drama or the pain of the scene?

Watch as I tear the script up right from the seam.

The team has disbanded, all the props are gone too, for I'm just haunting forgotten song.

And I can't escape from this place up here on my stage.

Turn a page or two, I can spin a tale for you, about a bag so blue and full of hope, and love.

So I'm daydreaming about a past performance and it torments me to this day.

That final act upon that day, where I stood up on our stage and acted out in selfish rage and tore down the set, grabbing the match and setting it all ablaze.

But those memories will never fade...

The theatre is abandoned now and the dark it creeps in as I step out of the shadow of my biggest sin and close the doors to this place.

And I'll bin the mask I wore up on that stage.

But that doesn't mean I haven't changed.

I was a character an actor one of the best, some say a little too sharply dressed for a part I shouldn't have played.

The critics say it was flawless and perfect too good to be true, if they skipped six months forward they would have knew.

That you left for a cast in a much better play, on a much grander stage.

I still know all the lines, everyone and it's true...I can stand here right now and recite them for you, it's a play I know so well because I wrote it myself.

And the biggest mistake I ever made was casting you for a part for someone who should have stayed.

So centre stage, and here I am.

© 2015 Peter Wisdom


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on February 23, 2014
Last Updated on October 10, 2015

Author

Peter Wisdom
Peter Wisdom

Esses, Romford , United Kingdom



Writing
Act I Act I

A Chapter by Peter Wisdom


Act II Act II

A Chapter by Peter Wisdom


Act III Act III

A Chapter by Peter Wisdom