Society and its tricks against humanity.

Society and its tricks against humanity.

A Story by Michael J. Dippolito
"

Just banter followed by more banter.

"
Oh society, it bleeds sheer brilliance, if you ask me. But not in the way you'd think. Brilliant, in the sense that the mass quantity of Americans walking throughout it, never stop in the street to question its ideals. Quite the illusion we live. But who am I to judge?-they are only doing what they are programmed to do. They only talk about the things that are acceptable to talk about; politics, the football game, the new shiny car or that famous chestnut,"what would Jesus do?". 
Maybe something in my brain wasn't prone to sponge up all the bullshit, but somehow I never proudly blew societies mighty erection. Blended in with it, most certainly, and I pull it off quite well. But beneath my facade is where I let the sacrilegious beast roam free; questioning what "fantasy" actually lurks above the stars or is willingly placing yourself into a thousand dollar debt actually worth its inevitable foreshadow. I mean hey, your parents did it; finished a high school of altered American knowledge, went to college, met "the girl", got the "dream job", married "the girl", purchased the castle beyond the white picket fence, got her pregnant and the rest is American dream history. Now you are born and instilled with the same ideals to learn and do a bunch of useless s**t you probably aren't passionate about. Well folks, light your cliche match and run toward the generically crowded hills.
But I could argue all day and it would more than likely just be me repeating the same hateful sentence, and finding more creative ways to write it. I'll lend my closing and say this...not all is what it seems. Question the things that surround you and don't just say yes because the other "guy" said yes, because the "guy" before him also said yes. Ask questions when things don't seem right. I promise you most worldly topics are only there to distract you from something monumental. Abandon the traditional robotics and pursue a dream of yours, no matter how large or small. Listen to inspiring music, gaze at the stars, write a book. In the end, I swear you'll come out clothed in beauty.    

© 2014 Michael J. Dippolito


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on October 6, 2014
Last Updated on October 7, 2014
Tags: society, dreams, religion, politics

Author

Michael J. Dippolito
Michael J. Dippolito

Somerville, NJ



About
I simply love to write. Mainly a fiction nerd; horror, sci fi and thriller. But once in a while you'll see me get real about society. more..

Writing