To start anew

To start anew

A Poem by Michelle N. H.

I sense a calm and gentle breeze

Whispering through the crowns of trees

A tender touch, a sunray so warm

How pleasing the thought of being reborn

 

To start anew and to perceive the world

The rubbing of novel eyes, a body curled

I have been asleep and am now awake

In my chest, a heart oblivious to ache

 

How I long for an innocent dream

An embrace that lasts the length of a stream

A kiss with a promise of unconditional love

The serenity found through such infinity thereof

 

Take me there, to the end of all there is

Let me close my eyes one final time in bliss

Knowing there is another coast to the sea

Knowing someone somewhere is waiting for me

 

To start anew

To start again

I will be good

I swear, I will

© 2015 Michelle N. H.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This. is the first posted write and its already deep . If we have been another chance to rewrite the history of our fragmented life . At what point and what chapter and pages of our life we begin to change anew . Do we get to choose where we were born ...our parents ...our siblings ..our friends and school ...or perhaps who we would fall in love with . The shape and the color of our eyes and hair . Perhaps even our careers . Or do we get to change the some but not the all and choose to leave half if not some to chance and happenstance . Even at the prime beginning . There's that deep introspection in all your penned piece . Thanks for posting and sharing .

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hi, Michelle 🥀

Your heart's breath has spoken to mine many times over the years through these poignantly sad, yet beautifully expressive, words of sheer yearnings, hopes, and indelible soul dreams that whisper from your deepest core essence … some real dimensions of You are shared here, I feel. You've sincerely opened and bravely revealed your emotional and desperate vulnerabilities … held forth in a seeking upturned empty hand, reaching out to be filled.

There's scant doubt, Michelle, many who read the skillfully laid, poetically acute honesty of your fetching pleas will not want and wish it were they taking your yearning's proffered bestowal, your beautifully willing heart unto their own care … who,with an ounce of warm blood pulsing their veins could not be so irresistibly inspired and drawn into you?

Your soul-embracing Quatrains virtually dance and sing upon the page … your every spot-on rhyme, living metaphor, vivid caress of emotional imagery, imploring desire and need grasps out for fulfillment … even the wondrous beauty of your final verse, closing hopes and promises beckon and inspire a bard's sense of chivalrous amoré.

So, here you have it, FINALLY! My long intended review I could put-off no longer … just HAD to share with you.

May your ink never again blend with such poignant sadness, and may you never again such such loneliness. I've never read a more well laid, earnest love poem.

Bless you ever-so warmly and truly, Michelle ⁓ Richard🖌

Posted 9 Months Ago


This. is the first posted write and its already deep . If we have been another chance to rewrite the history of our fragmented life . At what point and what chapter and pages of our life we begin to change anew . Do we get to choose where we were born ...our parents ...our siblings ..our friends and school ...or perhaps who we would fall in love with . The shape and the color of our eyes and hair . Perhaps even our careers . Or do we get to change the some but not the all and choose to leave half if not some to chance and happenstance . Even at the prime beginning . There's that deep introspection in all your penned piece . Thanks for posting and sharing .

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The longer a person persists in hope in reality the more they will be disappointed, and so it is no surprise that one would find the most comfort within a fantasy. It is quite sad though, the longing for something that there is little to no chance of finding. With the way the world is, the only reason i can think of for a person to want rebirth is to once again have that brief moment at the beginning of your life in which you are so innocent and unaware of the harsh reality that awaits you. Sometimes i think that it is only the young children that know happiness because they don't know enough to feel otherwise. And so we are all stuck wanting and dreaming of something that we know we will never have. An ocd sufferer will dream of a clear thought, a person within poverty will dream of a decent meal or roof, a teenager will dream of sex or fame, and a parent will dream of a future for their child, all of which has more of a chance for disappointment over success. The ocd sufferer will never have a clear thought, the poor person will likely remain poor, the teen isn't going to get laid and will likely receive heartbreak instead, and the parent will go through some tragedy either by their child's hand or by someone else's. Reality is no dream, it is harsh and cold and so we are forced to create our own happiness and world to live in. With all of that in mind, this poem is quite sad in that it portrays the mind of one of the hopeful people. Another disappointed heartbreak waiting to happen.
This is my favorite of your writings, i think you should write in closed form more often instead of freestyle. Having structure, rhyme, or pattern adds a different beauty and talent to a piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michelle N. H.

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your thoughts on this piece with me. I appreciate .. read more
we make those promises to ourselves---start anew, get rid of the past...find love again...

but then like Lenten promises, or quitting smoking...we go back to our vices...and often it is loving those people who are bad for us.

nicely done

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michelle N. H.

10 Years Ago

Absolutely. There is a saying in Danish, "never go back to a damp squib". Leave it, move on and star.. read more
This is so peacefull,calming and visual piece. I love it,good job and keep me informed:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michelle N. H.

10 Years Ago

Thanks a bunch :)
this is one of my favorite piece I have read in writer's cafe, you took your readers to a journey and in between so many messages you shared. This poem define your brilliance and I truly enjoyed. Respect

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michelle N. H.

10 Years Ago

Wow, alright. This is an oldie and my very first post, so I'm thrilled you like it so much. Thank yo.. read more
A. Amos

10 Years Ago

You're most welcome my dear
You write the longing of all who seek companionship...
It is hard to see a new dream when we are asleep in the old one or awake with the old memories spinning circles in our consciousness...
I like thinking of a kiss like swimming in the endless river of love's promise. Not ending in the ocean, but rather opening up into a greater ocean of experience.
How few experience love from the bubbling spring head to the vastness of the rolling seas.
Then you end in honesty.
I will be good... Ha! I had to smile at this line. It says as much to me as the other lines put together.
It places blame on oneself for the past. It assumes you were not good enough before...
Yet it shows hope as well. Also, a healthy denial of reality. We are who we are. We are he perfection of our being and the imperfections. As such, love forms like the waves written in the sands of the desert. This is the beauty of being human...
A storm wipes the sand smooth and clean and we start again. Yet the first little breeze beginners to shape the sand once more, and each step points toward the promise of finding an oasis to restore us until we reach a new shoreline...
My mind is soaking in the power of this write.
Well done here.
I think you will accept your goodness better this time around indeed.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michelle N. H.

10 Years Ago

I love how thorough your review is, and I greatly appreciate such feedback. You also comprehend this.. read more
 David Scott

10 Years Ago

You are most welcomed. I believe it feels wonderful to know someone can perceive our deeper meaning.. read more
Michelle N. H.

10 Years Ago

Certainly. I have the same conviction.
I like the innocence of the ending. :) You have a way of writing that is different from the typical love poems I see here all too often. The rebirth theme is played out so well throughout this poem with keywords like reborn, awake, anew. Lines like the crown of trees, An embrace that lasts the length of a stream; These two lines alone are better than many love poems I've seen here. I love your writing, you have so much talent. How can I not give this 100. Exquisite.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michelle N. H.

10 Years Ago

Gosh, I'm so flattered, I don't know what to write in response.. I'm thrilled that you like my writi.. read more
Relic

10 Years Ago

You're welcome Michelle. I've been here a while and I know when writers just stand out. It's always .. read more
Everything that all good things and people want to be and where they want to be at. A new beginning. flows very smooth from tip to tail. Two opposable thumbs up! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michelle N. H.

10 Years Ago

Yay, thanks for that :)
I think starting anew is something that everything wishes they could do, but unfortunately we only get to live once :( Very well thought out poem :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michelle N. H.

10 Years Ago

I do appreciate your words, thank you :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

424 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on November 6, 2013
Last Updated on June 24, 2015
Tags: beginning, end, innocence, rebirth

Author

Michelle N. H.
Michelle N. H.

Denmark



About
I'm Michelle. To strangers I may seem reluctant, but I'm really quite open towards those that are patient and genuinely interested in getting to know me. I think a lot. I'm hardly ever bored. I've.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


One One

A Poem by Michelle N. H.