I have no tongue,no jaw, and I must scream

I have no tongue,no jaw, and I must scream

A Story by Sean C Stucki
"

a short story about what the future would've held if I got with a woman I was dating for around a month and we had a child together

"
I have no tongue, no jaw, and I must scream
                                      Written: Oct/2/2015
 
“You son of a b***h! You don’t know anything!”
Rose and I we’re striking each other with our words. She said her mother told her that she has a barren womb when we had sriracha burgers at the dennys. I suggested a few minutes ago that she get it checked out by a doctor. We already adopted a kid wouldn’t that be enough? Just some medical opinion by a man that sticks popsicle sticks in woman’s vaginas.
“You put me in this melee. Always cutting me with your words!”
“You b***h! Last week you sent me that text message in the middle of beer pong about how going to bed with me was not ‘that good’ how about the sex session that wasn’t that good? You’re the one that provokes these arguments!” I yelled this as the movie was paused on the t.v.
“I have to take melatonin Glenn! I was on them when we we’re making love. Your so carless!”
“You can’t make love to a woman like yourself you gotta f**k’em.”
Rose walks around in circle with her sleepy dumb mind as the kid walks around behind her asking questions. She walks with a straightness, like she’s the apartment manager. She likes to think she has such great authority and can at any moment cut off the lifelines to my livelihood.
Last week we walked around that garden next to the burger stand and looked at the butterflies. We touched the exotic plants and flowers. I bought one of the brightest roses after what I thought to be the greatest of dates I have ever been on. This rose seeped with such beauty it was like staring into an Arizona landscape just as the sun is going down. All you can see from the Cliffside is torn red clouds. The rose was too much money and realized that she was rotten from the core. Something of this magnitude couldn’t compliment her basic b***h beauty.
“A peripeteia Rose. When I first met you you we’re such a sweet kindly spirit. Volunteering to walk down to the lowes just to make sure I had lunch when I never did. But now, it’s faded just like the street signs and walls around town ruined by the sun. That stem has grown thorns. Black thorns and they are BIG!”
“Don’t you dare raise your voice while little Sammy is in the room!”
She picked up the kid and tried walking out the front door. There was a documentary playing on the television. I got up off the couch as she tried removing the kid from my life again. I walked towards her but then thought to myself it would be better if she just left for the day. I’d feel better if she dropped dead. Rose slammed the door and I watched the painting slide off the pin and fall to the floor. I made my way back to the couch and sat down without putting it back up. I clicked ‘play’ and resumed the memoir of the film critic Roger Ebert. Took a swig of my hard apple cider and continued on.  I could see her peaking through the shades at the front window, where my red couch sits. She was standing with the kid that was named after a dog.She squinted in the act of espial. I figured she was on meth again. I couldn’t find any evidence of a crack pipe when looking through her drawers the other day but her behavior tells me otherwise.
These visions of the last years of life for the master of film study is putting chills into my spine. Throat cancer had taken effect and I sit and watch as Mr. Ebert lays with cords dangling all around like some poor plastic Christmas tree. His mouth was gone. The lips are there but his jaw and tongue had been surgically removed. I watched as a nurse stuck a tube into the hole in his throat. He couldn’t react like a normal person. No scream, no grunts, no sound. All he could do was squirm and scrunch what was left of his face. I glanced back over to the screen and Rose had been standing there for around 10 minutes still gazing.
She’d be looking into me. Staring as the shadow of my daughter squirmed as she tried to free herself from that s**t’s clutches. I wondered what films I had watched lately that had any merit as the door knob turned. She walked back inside with the kid. I had always found the crazy ones attractive and am proud of Rose for losing 100 pounds over the span of a year but she could use to gains some of the weight back.
“Glenn… I have nightmares. Horrors of nightly birling. Me at one end trying to stay on the log with a faceless demon balancing on the other side. Every night as I’m just about to get the right balance it LAUGHS AT ME! CHUCKLES AND POINTS! Then as I tell myself I think I can I think I can the horrible thing steps up its speed and I fall off! Right when I go face first into the lake I wake up!”
“I have recurring dreams as well” I said as I lightly flipped around the remote. “Dreams of me picking up the phone as I’m sitting right here on this couch and hearing your mother on the other end telling me that you either got a full time job or have gone back to full time college. It’s the best dream I ever had.”
“Take this you f**k!” She yells as she throws Sammy at my head. I grab her as her body smacks against my face like a heavy wet dish cloth. I make an idol threat.
“Get outta here before I call CPS!”
“You don’t have the BALLS! Wait until I tell the cops how you have a bong stashed away in your closet. Hmmm. I wonder what they’ll think.”
“They won’t think anything because I have a medical card.”
A clip was playing in the background. Martin Scorsese was talking about his favorite scene from “The valley beyond the dolls.” Where a pretty blonde woman is getting fucked by a virgin in an expensive car.
“Is this it?! PORN!? You’re watching porn in the living room?!”
I stand up then proceed to take off my belt. Unhinge the belt buckle I had just purchased with the motorcycle motors and big skulls, gave it to the kid to play with and then wrapped the belt
around my wrist. Wrapping this black cheap belt in the same manner Cactus Jack would wrap barbwire around his before the big elbow drop. The tension was high. I was sick of her pity parades, her breaking my things and screaming at the cat. I cooled then talked with a low calm tone.
“Would you like me to give you a reason to call the police?” I asked giving her time to rethink her attitude.
She raised her arms and bent over slamming her palms into the wooden floor.
“Glenn, if I could pull the very ice out of the Antarctica rivers, nature’s knives from the wastelands, I would shape it to a hair point. In the name of my Greek Gods! I would stab you in the heart!”
After her Shakespearean rant she screams “HYE YAAHH!” and shoves the t.v off its stand. Falling backwards in slow motion. The last image I saw on the set was Roger giving a thumbs up after his throat scraping. I picked up Sammy and walked into my bed room where the crib sits next to the queen size. I call Sammy by the name I wanted to originally give her.
“Little Lycanthrope. Stay here and play with daddy’s belt buckle. I’ll be right back.”
I turned and slowly shut the door. Turned quietly and faced Rose. My love, my fly trap, the walking man-eater.
“What are you going to do you b*****d?!”
“I’m going to quiet you.”
I ran toward her with the belt still wrapped. She turned in the opposite direction towards the door and I punched her in the upper back right between the shoulder blades. She fell hard against the wooden table with the glass sheet draped over. I unrolled the belt as she moved around slowly from the impact. Grabbed it with both hands and snapped it like a whip then without a care in the world began to beat her. Whipping her as if I was suited with armor and chainmail flogging with a ball and mace.
“GOT D****T! AHH! GUAHHHH!” She screamed as she tried covering up with her hands.
“Take it with honor!”
Oh such a slow gaze this late afternoon. The sun shined an orange tint covering the walls and ceiling as air lightly combed and tapped the windows. Most men see her finely tied with a pink ribbon, all thorns trimmed, and ready for sale. I don’t see her in that way anymore. Her bouquet to the trained eye was rotting. All I saw was loss with bulging pedals falling sadly to the kitchen floor.
After whipping her about 5 times I reached down and ripped her work hippie colored shirt off then took hold of her foul smelling jeans and yanked them off. She was one of the only women I committed to that refused to bathe. I kept swinging on hitting her over and over again with growing welts showing on her back and a*s. She was muttering things of murder and revenge under her breath. Whatever it was. Whatever entitlement she clung to. That seed was buried too deep and no one could get that out of her. I began huffing and puffing after striking her around 14 times.
In the time I was beating her she managed to crawl to the front door but lost strength. I tossed the belt forward and it hit her back.  I picked the t.v. up and dusted all the old dust off along with the broken glass. The plug was still intact but there was no way I would be able to finish the documentary unless I walk out the door and finish it at a friends place. The little one began to cry in the back room, it was time for lunch. Rose made puffing and gurgling sounds. I walked over to her, bent my tired knees and picked her up.
“Eeeeehhhh.. eehhh..”
She made faint sounds. Walked over across the living room and opened the closet door with my right hand. Placed her down among the vacuum and cleaning supplies. The empty bong lays next to her bruised body.She'll have much time to think while too weak to walk in this cramped space. I closed the door. Right after I made a ham and turkey sandwich for the kid with a glass of milk. Walked into the room and pulled her out of her crib. Walked both of us with the lunch to the couch and sat down. We watched the sparks fly out of the set and some sputters of smoke. As Lycanthrope chewed Rose began moving around inside the closet. Lycanthrope’s heart began beating fast. Her eyes grew big as the rustling sound came in and out. We both stared at the closet and stopped chewing. 

© 2017 Sean C Stucki


Author's Note

Sean C Stucki
I don't care

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on October 19, 2017
Last Updated on October 19, 2017

Author

Sean C Stucki
Sean C Stucki

Tucson, AZ



About
Just a poet writing out some short stories more..

Writing