I Am My Own Religion

I Am My Own Religion

A Story by VERONICA

I think very differently on religion and God than everyone else at my church. So it makes me feel out of place at the youth group meetings, sermons and whatnot. I think this awkwardness comes from me believing that I think my beliefs are much more evolved than theirs. Despite my church’s very liberal ideals, I've come to find them rather conservative. When I think of God, I think is a much easier way to say everything that’s positive and beautiful in your life. That God is just this energy of happiness and love and spirituality that has an effect on people but can’t physically do anything. I like some of the stories in the bible. They’re creative and beautiful when interpreted for meaning. But I feel like that about all religions; Greek Mythology, Islam, Wicca, Hinduism, Cao Dai. Stories from the Rig Vedas, the Koran and even contempary works are just as beautiful as those found in the bible. I feel like every part of me is part of my spirituality and faith, my sexuality, my pro-vegetarianism stickers, my polo shirts, my consistent grades, my political status, my favorite movies, my theories and my obsessions which all make up me- also make up my religion. Which revolves and evolves around my own views. I am my own religion.

© 2010 VERONICA


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

As a proud Agnostic, I can relate to this. I don't claim to know the bible inside and out, but sometimes I wind up having long debates with my Catholic bf as well as bumping heads with my mother who was Baptist (I was brought up as one as well) and now attends a Pentecostal church. I like your ideal as from what I understand people can talk to God without visiting one of his many houses of worship, as well as establishing a relationship with Him without having the Bible, Torah, Qua ran, etc...nearby. I'll have to check your website out.

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 17, 2008
Last Updated on March 15, 2010