Wintertime with Racoon

Wintertime with Racoon

A Story by VERONICA

Raccoon wanders amid falling snow as he crawls out of his hollowed mound. As his paws are barely etched on the iced over snow, he slips and tumbles in an ironic grace. Yet, Raccoon persists through the wintertime inconveniencies. He stops at the aloof howl of Owl asking, "How do you do?" Raccoon sniffs the ice in hopes of an explanation and Owl only waits in patient anticipation. Raccoon walks some more, then trips over a dirty mound, then he softly thumps the wall of a human house. Raccoon is not scratched, nor pained, nor bruised, nor dead. But, unfortunately- because of that slight smack- the wall barely shakes and just enough to vibrate the bases of fragile dangling ice. A single base breaks and Icicle plunges in near frozen time. She coldly pierces Raccoon, as he stumbles, yet again, with the most ironic grace.

© 2010 VERONICA


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you so much for entering this in my contest. Throughout reading, my mind kept coming back to this piece, with the excellent imagery. Congratulations.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

:( :'( This makes me sad... I guess it does it's job, with the amazing imagery......You have made it into the first cut of finalists for my Imagery contest.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

interesting little story .. love the metaphors..

Chloe
xoxo

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

367 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 22, 2008
Last Updated on March 15, 2010


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..