Prelude To Argument

Prelude To Argument

A Poem by VERONICA

The yeast foam that forms on the decaying surface manages to make light of the situation.

 

Whelmed with the notes of life, you fiercely chuck the concoction across the apartment.

 

Shattering against your olive colored walls, a triangular shard of glass jabs at your shin.

 

As you grab your shot of sambuca, you violently chug the liquor.

 

Ornamental and androgynous table gnomes, that your wife insists on keeping, seem to laugh.

 

The house physician in your head claims you are not well as your hand forms fist.

 

Using it to smash the laughing b******s, five flecks of dust settle on your scalp.

 

They wittingly lull the physician with their dull powers to commit mutiny against the mind.

 

You attempt a rejection of this calm, as hasty footsteps climb the stairs outside the door.

 

Your thoughts grow talons, clawing at this goop of placidity, but the effort is in vain.

 

The unwanted tranquility allows you to process and comprehend these fleeting events.

 

Storming in with your jealousy in her hand, she seems transparent in your shadow.

 

So you are not deceived by her holographic words of love and power.

© 2013 VERONICA


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A beautiful flow of words you've got here. I especially love the hilarity of the phrase "androgynous table gnomes" as well as the unsettling certainly of the argument set by the last words of the poem. Overall, creatively random and you get mass respect from the lunatic tribe.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 19, 2008
Last Updated on December 1, 2013