Barrel Gabnor

Barrel Gabnor

A Poem by Choice For No Choice
"

Even if you don't read this, I couldn't bottle this up forever. That and I needed to practice writing.

"
What a year it's been
I've gotten to know you
It was definitely worth it, and I'd do it over and over
And look now
I'm pushing you farther and farther
I don't even regret the days I don't talk to you
It's like I don't care
As if I never wanted our friendship to go through.
I'll be honest I can't remember what meeting you was like
I didn't pay attention, because soon after we became friends, and I focused more on the moment rather than the beginning.
And looking back I wonder if that really was best.
I'll be honest you've gotten on my nerves quite a few times.
There's been moments where I wondered why I was friends with you
But in hindsight it's idiotic.
You've made me happy more than I can count, cheered me up when I never realized, and that's more than enough.
And yet, I've only had a mask of kindness, ignoring you, making rude comments (Ok definitely not a lot of regret there), and I act as if you're not there.
I won't apologize for it, after all i honestly doubt I can force myself to change.
Seeing you with your friends, I find it sweet and the face you have on is pure joy. So I don't jump in, just so I don't feel like I'm ruining it, they're your friends after all.
No this isn't confessing my love, but I will say that i do love you. I've never dreamt of replacing that certain someone, after all they never can be replaced. But I still want to see you happy, and everyone else too. This isn't goodbye, but just to acknowledge that I could have been a better friend.

© 2017 Choice For No Choice


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on May 22, 2017
Last Updated on May 23, 2017

Author

Choice For No Choice
Choice For No Choice

Bronx, NY



About
I want to write, even if it's not going to be my profession, it's a passion of mine. My name only references indecision, nothing else. I'm open to getting new friends on this site, and I really hope I.. more..

Writing