Remembering a Relationship

Remembering a Relationship

A Poem by Segris
"

I dont write much but had stuff on my mind and wanted to write about it I guess. This is all just from my own head and was done in like half an hour or so. Thanks :D

"

The Feeling of Losing Someone


You spend so much time with a person that it becomes routine to see them, or talk to them throughout your everyday life. It comes to a point where you mindlessly follow along with how your life is with this person, but sometimes you really open your eyes and remember how lucky you feel to have found this person, and have them want to be with you as well. This is an incredibly special feeling that warms you from deep within. You sit there motionless, as though time has stopped, staring at this person who you feel so much in love with. You think about all the time you've spent together and how comfortable you feel with this one human. Then as time starts to move again you slowly sink back into your routines and close your eyes and continue with this person in your life. Then one day it ends. It can come in all sorts of ways, all are bad. As you progress through your next few days without this person in your life, without this person wanting you in there life, you begin to feel like its all fading away. All the memories you had, all the time you spent together. Even those few special times where you opened your eyes and saw what you had, and how incredibly happy you were, start to become like a dream. You know it happened but it seems as real as some made up story in your head. You try to piece together the parts that actually did happen in your mind and wonder if there's any possible way to go back. One last time to know what it all felt like. But you know, that like before it would all fade away and you would be right back where you started. Catching glimpses of them in your life after everything and wondering what was going on in their lives, wanting to know even the smallest thing. It felt like you used to know everything about them, now they might as well be a complete stranger. You wonder how long this feeling will linger over you. As though you can't escape this person's grasp they had on you so long ago. A grasp that has withered away to nothing and is letting you go, but you stay, trying to pick up the pieces and put it all back together alone. As though you have a chain wrapped around your own emotions that you yourself put there and have lost the key to. You try to find the key in other people, causing the chains to tighten their grip around your emotions and make the key harder to discover. Now your stuck in this bizzare world where you have only memories that are becoming more like dreams day by day of this person you felt so dependent on and important to. Wondering if you'll ever find that key inside yourself.  

© 2018 Segris


Author's Note

Segris
I dont know if this counts as poetry but oh well

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on January 8, 2018
Last Updated on January 8, 2018
Tags: breakup, sad, memories, dream, dreams, poem, poetry, feeling

Author