Currently untitled.

Currently untitled.

A Story by Adam
"

This is a piece of a story that I am currently working on. there isn't much to it, but I will add a lot more.

"

It was a dark and stormy afternoon. As Kase looked out his window, into the clouded sky, the vastness of his world became dark and misguided. With a deep sigh, Kase picked up his pen and stared at the paper on his desk. After a brief moment, he began to write.

"I am not the man I once was. Something inside me has changed me into a fierce creature. I cannot expcet you to understand, only to know that this will truly break your heart. I must leave the country before I hurt you or anyone else. I am deeply sorry it has come to this.

 

Yours Forever,

Kase"

A tear fell from his eye as he dropped the pen. He folded the letter and placed it into an envelope. On the front he wrote her name: SHARLETTE. He kissed the envelope and placed it on her pillow. He grabbed his luggage, went downstairs, and left.

For a few hours, the house lie dormant. Nothing but the pounding rain against the windows, like the beating of Kase's heart as he had to leave it all behind. Keys jangled in the door as an outside light came on. The lock clicked and the door opened. Sharlette, dripping wet from the heavy downpour, shook her umbrella and came into the house. As she slipped off her jacket and shoes, she called out to Kase, but received no answer. Turning on the lights, she reached a closet, in which she kept some extra towels. She grabbed one from the shelf and began to dry herself off. Ascending the stairs, she headed immediately to the bathroom where she took off the rest of her clothing and turned the shower on. When she finished, she dried off and put her robe on. Walking to the bedroom, the rain continued to pound on the windows, but she heard no other movement, except her own. Sharlette turned on the bedroom light and as she did the envelope on the bed caught her eye. She walked over to the bed and with trembling hands proceeded to pick up the envelope. Sharlette opened it and read the letter that Kase had wrote merely hours ago. With tears rolling down her cheeks, she fell into the bed and began to cry harder. She quietly pleaded for Kase, knowing he would not answer her or put a comforting hand on her shoulder. Sharlette sat up on the bed, wiped her tear stained face and went back over the letter, looking for some clue as to where Kase might have gone.

There was nothing but true emotion and sincere words written on the page. No evidence telling her where he had gone or even planned to go. Only that he had to leave the country. "Where could he have gone?" she whispered to herself. "What is he planning to do? Hide out, lock himself up, why did he have to leave, what manner of creature could he have become?" All these questions plagued her mind, and she started to get a headache. "Think, Sharlette, think, where could he go? Family, friends in a different country, someone I don't know about, but even so, what other country would he go to that he would possibly feel safe in?" Sharlette closed her eyes and let her head hit the pillow. Contemplating the numerous places that he could have gone, and then it hit her like a tone of bricks. The one place he grew up in. Romania.

© 2008 Adam


Author's Note

Adam
I added more to this story, and I plan to continue. Please bear with me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

hmmm... if he grew up there wouldn't it be the first thing to cross her mind? I know the need for suspense and all.... but it seems off that she wouldn't think of that first. Otherwise... good set up...
Perhaps you could create that suspense by her contemplating the why for a bit... then let the where slam her like a ton of bricks! Just my thoughts.... Keep me posted!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I'm glad you're planning to write more cause now I want to know exactly why he's leaving. You definitely have me curious, nice work so far!!!

Heather

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like it! Keep the RR's coming on it!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 31, 2008
Last Updated on August 4, 2008

Author

Adam
Adam

Cedar Park, TX



About
I am a young man who is inspired by those around me as well as the surroundings. I take great pride in writing poetry and short stories in addition to doodling (drawing). I write when I am happy, sad,.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Story by Adam


~FOREVER~ ~FOREVER~

A Poem by Adam



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..