You said you don't know love

You said you don't know love

A Poem by Blue
"

Based on an actual event.

"

You said you don’t know love.

I asked why you said you love me.

 

You said you’re not sure why.

It just felt right; it just felt easy.

 

Then we walked and talked of other cares--

Of rain, of tomorrows, of us.

 

And there I wished for time to cease

As we stood waiting for the bus.

 

You said you don’t know love

And then you asked me if I do.

 

I sought for words but there was none

So I just smiled at you.

© 2014 Blue


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i don't think we ever really know it...or understand why we feel it....we just do...
it's just there...and moves us to action...
the words don't always come as easily.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I enjoyed the conversation in the poem. Sometime the shining eyes and smile is enough to show love. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


such a poignant, simple moment .. well said .. i like this a lot! bravo says i!
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Blue

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Einstein!
Love needs no words, so a smile is enough. A beautiful write Arzel Joy.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Blue

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Divya!
You said you’re not sure why.

It just felt right; it just felt easy.

-HOW TRUE! So well captured!
Good job,Arzel

Posted 9 Years Ago


Blue

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Manal!
There's comfort in a smile, it's an easy breezy moment of acceptance, perhaps with no strings attached...
Love is abstract at best sometimes...nice to see you again Arzel!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frieda P

9 Years Ago

I thought you ran off and got married, had a few kiddos or something. :)
Blue

9 Years Ago

Haha. Naah, I got pregnant. :P
Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Oh jeez bite your tongue, now the poetry really begins...
I guess that was very touching, since so many people dont know love, but they just say I love you..
that was wonderful write. and a sad event. sorry that you had it.

hey hehe we have a joke in arbic that say :
"i appologize to every girl whom which i said "i love you" to, i thought it was a "hello" in english " haha.
yeah ,, that was good work :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Blue

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Suhad!
I've reread this poem several times, as it almost feels as if it could be interpreted two ways. The uncertainty of what was the deeper meaning of such a simple word is what trips up so many people. Perhaps love is the 'talking of other cares' and is found in the daily communications of life. We may recall, most often the big, important moments in life the most, but when someone is gone, often it is the most common, mundane times and customs that are missed the most. Quite often there are not words to explain love. A smile and spending time with someone is by far the best explaination. Nicely done, Blue.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Blue

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Eddie!
AJ You pose a significant question in this flowing piece which is well balenced and flows smoothly to capture a real moment in time. Do any of us know love. We all have our own construct and thinbk we feel it but have we? It is subjective and prone to move like the sands of time for some.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Blue

9 Years Ago

Thank you, John!
At times its just speaks for itself...Arzel...the smile was an interpretation...as how one goes about it...is different to each person...
also how long your relationship has been before saying those strong 3 words of conviction...you just can't throw them out there...and not having nothing to backup it up...
it just felt right...it was easy...ok...and then what...its the part where you do not say the words --- but put forth the action of the intended meaning of it...yes --- love is given...and that seems to be --- given to you...yet are you ready to commit yours to him...
its a question of variables that both of you need to respond --- and accept the terms...just kiss her already and make her smile even more...than just a gesture of acceptance...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Blue

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Glen!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

622 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 5, 2014
Last Updated on August 5, 2014

Author

Blue
Blue

City of Love, Pearl of the Orient Seas



About
Hi, there! I don't know who I really am but let's start with my name. I am Arzel Joy, otherwise known as Blue here in WC. I have more pressing matters at hand so I have reduced my time spent on th.. more..

Writing
Please Tell Him Please Tell Him

A Poem by Blue


Sank, Saved Sank, Saved

A Poem by Blue


Drowning Drowning

A Poem by Blue



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~ Insanity ~ ~ Insanity ~

A Poem by s y e