Be my star?

Be my star?

A Poem by Morning Bliss
"

This is a poem about the yearning to find that one person to be your star.

"
I'm searching
watching.
Waiting without a thought
and without distraught
for a man.
Not a boy or a guy
but a man.
To sweep me off my feet
get me down on my knees,
 begging, if he leaves.
A man with a soul
not a man thats cold.
Someone that will be my star
with me as their sky
Let me be pit black
so that he can shine, and I can rise
with bliss, with joy
we'll glicen together
till we're no more.
I want a man
not a boy, not guy
A man that will surely be mine.
Just like I shall be his.
Cause, if its love,
I'll sell my soul without  hesitation
and welcome affection.
Even if my star won't least.
I'll still be a sky searching
for her twinkle twinkle little star...
 
 
 
 

© 2009 Morning Bliss


Author's Note

Morning Bliss
Enjoy and tell me what you think! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is beautiful. Truly amazing flow and emotion. I specifically love the desire you packed into your metaphors of this poem. "Cause, if its love, I'll sell my soul without hesitation and welcome affection"....the portrail of selling your soul for love is just.....ooohh so desirable. It really puts the emotion out on the line.... This is a truly remarkable work of art! Thank you for sharing!

Jay

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

good! it is rare to find a love poem with something unique to offer, But this does exactly that.
You have a great way with flow. The vocabulary seems like it could be expanded in the piece, but other than that very very very well done.


Posted 14 Years Ago


This is beautiful. Truly amazing flow and emotion. I specifically love the desire you packed into your metaphors of this poem. "Cause, if its love, I'll sell my soul without hesitation and welcome affection"....the portrail of selling your soul for love is just.....ooohh so desirable. It really puts the emotion out on the line.... This is a truly remarkable work of art! Thank you for sharing!

Jay

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a wonderful yearning for love..this was so nice..how right you are..love knows no pride,love knows no limits
You will give everything to him,no one is big or too proud for real love..
searching for my man,not a boy or a guy ,a man with a soul and never cold
He will sweep me off my feet,and i go down on my knees,begging not to leave
My star that will light my skies that shines and so i rise with joy
Sell my soul with no hesitation..
Lovely so sweet write,great wish and call for unlimited loved..
lovely write..

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is so beautiful like ur photo ur eloquence and desires reach out to the stars here 4ur man is waiting from a far 2offer u that hope love and unity. nice poem thanx 4sharing mike xx

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow this is real strong yearning for what I hear most women look for... a real man! Such flow, passion in want.. does anyone really know what a real man is though? (this differs to each woman I think) To sell one's own soul for that of grasping a real man... this ideal man.. which I find through so many I have known to be such an unrealistic fantasy. Everyone is human.. some people are more mature than others.. I would not sell my soul for anyone just search for someone with similar interests, goals and try to be the best friend to them you can. This is such a big dream to so many.. you captured the essence of that quest quite beautifully.. the fantasy is strongly felt in the last line.. the little girl reaching for that image and security of a father figure.. that of course is what I took from it. A young heart searching for love... just a note that the word glicen in your poem I believe should be spelt glisten and least maybe last? Don't sell your soul if you are looking for a man with soul.. as he will be searching for someone with the same! Thank you so much for sharing =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

497 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 5, 2009

Author

Morning Bliss
Morning Bliss

NowWheresVille, MI



About
Hello, my name is Yesenia. I'm currently 16 years old, going on to 17 pretty soon. My life's calling is leaving huge and wide footprints behind on this big sandy shore we call the world. For me, rathe.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


rebirth rebirth

A Poem by piper deux