Decay

Decay

A Poem by Seriana

Decay

 

A square doth not fit inside the damn circle

How narrow the straight line,

crossing the great divide between black and white.

Looking for a fresh breath of life,

grey is not the place to be in such situations.

A situation.

Why does the word drip the plague of a million poisons never to be rid of?

Each day arrives pristine,

yet wakes the same to these old, cold spaces,

oozing a festering blight to the inside.

The thump needs to quiet

Like a dazed moth to the glossy light,

The confused destruction is ever absolute.

© 2018 Seriana


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
J
wow. here is the heart shouting frustration, ya? as though shaking a rag doll. powerful metaphors that invoke the feeling of a wobbling on the beginning of an end . . . "A situation./Why does the word drip the plague of a million poisons never to be rid of?"

you've not lost your edge, mon ami. high water mark.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Seriana

6 Years Ago

Thank you my dear. SOOOOOOOOOO conforting to see you back again. Thank you for always appreciating m.. read more



Reviews

Such a sadness of words - said before, but seems o many people feel betrayed by life's erratic behaviou. If only you could wave a magic wand, convert the dark into glorious light.. create true life, rather than the mess left rotting in shadowy corners. (You) .

Posted 6 Years Ago


You had me at "doth not"...
You remind me of another writer I know who has a...gift...with painting vivid word portraits.
Most of us write as a cathartic outlet, but it's really, really easy to just be a drag talking about all the pain and frustration and loss and etc., etc.
But when you can get that across, make an impact, and do it in a way that feels like you just shared something with the writer - were GIVEN something - rather than having had something inflicted or imposed, that's when writing is beautiful.
And I'm speaking of emotions in these reviews because so far I have little technical critique to offer.
Cuz you are good.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Each line of you seems a novel, chapters of pain and pleasure, pages of ponderings to explain, to grasp, to make some sense of the madness of this world. And yes, sometimes it feels like such wonder in the breath of the sunrise, and yet it falls into the darkness as the sun is swallowed into night. Powerful, profound, alive with the wonders of you. These words need your voice. Only you can set them free.

Posted 6 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
J
wow. here is the heart shouting frustration, ya? as though shaking a rag doll. powerful metaphors that invoke the feeling of a wobbling on the beginning of an end . . . "A situation./Why does the word drip the plague of a million poisons never to be rid of?"

you've not lost your edge, mon ami. high water mark.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Seriana

6 Years Ago

Thank you my dear. SOOOOOOOOOO conforting to see you back again. Thank you for always appreciating m.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 17, 2018
Last Updated on January 17, 2018

Author

Seriana
Seriana

San Antonio, TX



About
more..

Writing
Vernality Vernality

A Poem by Seriana


Standstill Standstill

A Poem by Seriana


Cachet Cachet

A Poem by Seriana



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


He will be... He will be...

A Poem by Gee