Wink

Wink

A Poem by Seriana
"

Observations, part 1

"

Wink

 

Rosy beat and

Soft blushed cheeks

Spitting juicy watermelon seeds

Free on the breeze in a raspberry sky

Is it all but a dream

In the twinkle of your eye?

 

After all,

It was only a wink

The flash of your blink

That tickled me pink

When I melted, inside

The instant heart flutters

The butterfly clutter

The rising glow shudders

On the surface of my skin

It was then

That I wondered

what itd be like

To drink in your breath

To breathe in your wink

Beyond my pink

poetic ink?

 

Your eyes that are winking

Are those that are thinking

Of taking hold of me

In between whispered pleas

That I could

That I should

That I would

Notice such things

Makes me think

of living

vicariously

in the blink of your wink

 

 

© 2009 Seriana


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

lol (not at the poem itself)

When I read this, for some reason I kept getting a picture of Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" reciting this in that insane way he did that one piece in the movie (I think they were on the boat maybe - haven't seen it in years).

Anyway, I like it. I have a thing for pink as well. ;o)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

really good! i like it a lot.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Such simple actions can bring such happiness huh? The words and the emotions through them are RIGHT ON...this happens time and again, and we always find ourselves wondering, hoping, lusting (perhaps) that there is something hotter, wilder, important...just something more from that simple action...that small wink...

I liked this and it made me smile and ponder at the same time...rock on doll!

Janice

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DF
This is one of my favorites of your poems, and it's impossible to resist smiling while reading it. I was thinking: do you really need the first stanza? What if you start abruptly with "After all, it was only a wink." It starts off kind of dreamy then shifts into a frenetic, playful pace. Maybe that dichotomy is what you were aiming for though. Either way it's a really cool poem and I love the last line.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very cool. I detect hip-hop rhythms in the lyric line, or at least it lends itself to it. I notice your playlist is classic/alt rock tho'.

That's the intersection I write from. If you're curious, all 5 poems currently posted are song lyrics, and the songs are recorded by me, and comprise my playlist on profile pg. (unlike music sites, where they tend to notice lyric last, this site's participants tend to miss that I posted my songs to go along w/the lyrics, even tho' I note it).

As I re-read your above poem, its natural song lyric nature, I can silently sing it (or recite it) with classic/alt rock rhythm or Kerouac-ian Beat or jazz feel, as well. Do you get into musical composition?

Anyway, great job writing a strongly rhythmic and playful relatedness poem that definitely works as multi-genre song lyric too. Charming ending!


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


One of the best, most charming poems of yours that I've read. Truly spontaneous and filled with winks of inspiration.

A very enjoyable poem...indeed...!

Daniel

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The escalating effect of your wonderful piece
is most aspiring, it brings out such lovely images
you did a wonderfully job to bring that all out
and the wordings and rhyming was quite superb,
this is most excellent, loved it as it is, beautiful creation!!


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lol (not at the poem itself)

When I read this, for some reason I kept getting a picture of Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" reciting this in that insane way he did that one piece in the movie (I think they were on the boat maybe - haven't seen it in years).

Anyway, I like it. I have a thing for pink as well. ;o)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a fun and beautiful piece... such a warm loving feel that flows great and is really fun... I can't help but smile while reading this... and lord knows I need to smile right now.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
8 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 20, 2008
Last Updated on June 7, 2009

Author

Seriana
Seriana

San Antonio, TX



About
more..

Writing
Vernality Vernality

A Poem by Seriana


Standstill Standstill

A Poem by Seriana


Cachet Cachet

A Poem by Seriana