Letter to Stephen Harper

Letter to Stephen Harper

A Story by AchingAlexandra
"

BUAHAHAHAHA MASS PRODUCE HEMP

"

Mr. Stephen Harper,

My name is Courtney Sollows and I attend Riverview High school. I’m writing to you on behalf of those of us who don’t believe hydraulic fracturing should be permitted in our province, let alone in our country.

Hydraulic fracturing may be good for the economy, but it ruins well water, and reacts badly with animals on farms nearby. Due to the vibrations, dairy cows refuse to give milk and that it a very vital part of farming and the farming contributes to New Brunswick’s economy. Hydraulic fracturing also causes sink-holes and uses up a lot of the earth’s precious limited water supply, approximately 40,000 gallons. The water recovered from fracked wells is highly toxic and many times flammable. The Methane levels found by fracking wells is found to be 17 times higher than any other given area. Fracking is a serious issue, and ways need to be found to make it obsolete.

I would like to propose mass producing the crop hemp to replace hydraulic fracturing. Hemp can be grown indoors; its oils can be used as a form of gas, which is more economically friendly, it is quick to grow, and we can make an endless supply of it. It is possible to use a building that is 1000 square feet that has 10 floors and grow 10,000 square feet worth of hemp. The entire crop can be used for you can create cloth from it, paper, and over 20,000 other products. Hemp contains a 0.08% of THC which is not enough for it to be used for people to get the drug use from it.

 

Sincerely,

Courtney Sollows

© 2012 AchingAlexandra


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great idea. Hope it gets the attention it should.

Posted 12 Years Ago


great story good work keep it up

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 2, 2012
Last Updated on March 2, 2012

Author

AchingAlexandra
AchingAlexandra

Canada



About
I'm a really nice person, but I have a lot of issues. I love writing, it helps ebb the regular pain I have. First name: Courtney Middle Name: Alexandra I'm purely myself. I don't change to fit.. more..

Writing