My Chose

My Chose

A Story by ShadowHaze
"

Something random, but I still want da reviews xD

"

 

I felt the tears drip off my face one by one, and watched as they slowly descended towards the void of blackness underneath me. Would I really waste my life, for just a friend? Seeing my death inches away from me, I didn’t see how I made all those promises long ago. But I knew that he wouldn’t want me to do it. But I miss him so much. I told him I would die for him. Even though I just thought of him a simple friend. Or did I? If I die, then I will be with him. Isn’t that enough? I sighed, and watched more tears fall into the bottomless pit. He was just a friend anyways. Why did I care so much about wanting to be with him? Am I that lonely and helpless? Or was it something more? I searched through my memories, while daring myself to jump. If I jumped, I would be with him. If I didn’t jump, I would have to wait for nature to take its course, and let me die a natural death, so to speak. Did I want more then just friendship from him? Or did I just only think of him as a very loyal friend? Was I just being desperate?
 
So many questions, so little answers. I felt each heartbeat race through my veins, and I knew my death was coming closer, even if I chose a different path to take. More tears slipped down my face, as I saw the image of his body, which destroyed my recent vision of Black Death. He was just crumpled and twisted, tossed to the side ferociously, and without mercy. Murderous, stupid, greedy people. He wouldn’t have died, if there where kinder people in the world…
 
I heard someone scream and I looked up to see one of my friends coming out of the closely knit trees. Now or never. I looked at her with pity, and flung myself out in the middle of the deep hole, not wanting to be tempted to grab onto the sides. I heard another scream, and I closed my eyes, feeling the air rush past me. Death was so close… I knew this day would come, but I didn’t realize it would come with so much pain. What happened next was in slow motion.
 
I felt my feet touch whatever bottom there was, and I felt unbearable pain explode in my feet, and it climbed up my body, as the rest of my bones broke and rocks pierced my vulnerable skin. The last thing I remember was whispering his name with such pain; it almost killed me for the second time. All of it happening in less then half a second.
 
“…Sam…”
 
 
"Hey! Arial! Arial!! Get your lazy fat butt UP!"
 
My eyes popped open at the sound of his voice. I was up on my feet in barely a second, and then I saw him. Exactly how I remembered him. Dusty brown hair that was cut short, just above his ears. His eyes were a pale hazel, and his lips twitched between a frown and a relieved smile.
 
“Why?” was the first question he asked me in death. I couldn’t answer him. Instead I flung myself at him, new tears pouring out of my eyes. I hugged him tightly, my face buried in his neck. He held me tightly, squeezing softly, before pulling away, and wiping away the stream of tears that were still rushing down my face. He repeated his question.
“Why? You idiot… What’d you die for? You killed yourself for no god damn reason!” his eyes were mortified, pained, worried, excited, and above all, something I couldn’t place.
 
“To be with you. Duh. Anyways, I said I would die for you… So… Here I am.” I glanced around quickly, everything in color, but also black and white at the same time. Everything with color, but also showing the good and evil in everything. I could feel peace, and death. I could see the past. I could see the future. I could see the present. I knew what would happen. I knew what had happened. I knew what was happening.
 
I shook my head in confusion. “What is up with this dying thing? Why do I feel a million years old?”
 
“Cause that’s what happens you idiot.”
 
“Stop calling me an idiot. And anyways, where are we?” I asked.
 
“The place we most desire,” Sam answered simply.
 
“And so… You choose my house?”
 
He shuffled his feet while looking anywhere but at me, “Yeah… I’ve always liked your house. Always been warm and cozy. Why’d you choose your house?”
 
“Huh?” I asked. I hadn’t really thought about it. Where was the place I most desired. I knew the answer, because of the stupid dying thing, that was soooo annoying. “I didn’t choose my house. The place I most desired was anywhere… As long as it was with you.” I had no idea where all this stupid confidence was coming from, but I knew it was annoying. I never thought of him that way, so why would I think that now? Oh my god, I hate death. I don’t care how “peaceful” it is, it is so ANNOYING!
 
His eyes widened, and I studied my feet. I felt his hand touch my chin, and he forced my head up so high, I couldn’t look anywhere but his eyes. “Really?” I nodded slightly, wishing I could look away from those penetrating eyes.
 
He kissed me softly, and I thought I was dying all over again, but in an extremely peaceful and nice way. My whole body seemed to just collapse uncontrollably, and I swayed. Finally, my body gave in and I fell against him. “Oops, sorry…” I mumbled as I pulled away. He stepped with me, laughing gently.
 
I smiled weakly, and whispered, “I’ve wanted to do that for a while now. Even though I kept thinking of you as a friend…”
 
“Psh... I’ve wanted to do that since… What? 3rd grade I think, when you said you had broke up with your so-called “boyfriend”.”
 
I grinned sheepishly, “I remember that. You almost did.” He laughed and nodded.
 
“Yup… I remember that too.”
 
“Ok, so you can’t mess with me about dying, cause I’m glad I’m with you now. And plus… I could get used to this.” I grinned.
 
“I’m sure anyone could,” he rolled his eyes.
 
I punched him lightly in the arm, then said something I would’ve never said before, “Hm, I suppose I should say this…” I leaned in until our foreheads were touching, “I love you.”
 
“I love you, too. Duh… You already know that.” I laughed as he kissed me again.

© 2009 ShadowHaze


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow...talk about sudden twists! I thought she was actually going to die for her boyfriend...it was a dream, right? I really liked that story, although I would've liked to have known, if the dream part was reality, why she killed herself for him....but don't write it if you don't want to! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 30, 2009
Last Updated on August 30, 2009

Author

ShadowHaze
ShadowHaze

Lexington, NC



About
Don't click here! I'm human. I'm living. I can walk. I eat, and breath and stuff. Lol, sorry but there's not much about me... Hmm... I'm a girl.. 12 years old! .. more..

Writing
Running Running

A Book by ShadowHaze


1 1

A Chapter by ShadowHaze