My World

My World

A Story by Shadow
"

Just kind of a short thing I randomly wrote about an imaginary location.

"

Life isn’t particularly fair, is it? There are times when everything is just weighing you down. Times when everything goes wrong and nothing you do is right. Times when you just want to escape to another world. Well, sometimes I do just that.I just escape into my own world. Would you like to visit it? Just close your eyes, relax, and follow me.

 

It’s a very peaceful and quiet place. The wind is blowing gently, just enough to move a few strands of a person’s hair. Every once and a while, groups of dandelion seeds can be seen tumbling about. In the sky are dark, rolling storm clouds, with an occasional streak of lighting within. However, there is no need to worry about rain; it never rains unless you want it to. There is a large field filled with soft green grass. In the east, just barely within view, one can see the edge of a large, dark forest. To the west, there seems to be a large expanse of water and to the south a large crevice in the earth. The field seems to be empty, save for a large tree in the center. Upon closer inspection, something can be seen embedded in the tree’s trunk. Four crystals, about the size of the average persons palm, are arranged like a compass. Each crystal is a different color: the northern gem is almost as blue as the sky on a sunny day, the eastern gem is color of the ocean with a hint of green, the southern gem is a bright ruby red, and the western gem is a deep, rich blue. Staring at it brings a feeling of calm and it relaxes the mind. Looking around, one might a large leather-bound book resting against the tree. It will not always be there, and the contents are almost never the same. Leave the tree, and look around again, and something new will be seen. Scattered around the landscape are various doors of different sizes, styles, and colors. Almost all are shrouded in darkness and have no handle. These doors lead to yet more worlds, but as to how they are unlocked, I do not yet know.

 

I am afraid we must take our leave from this world now; I have a lot of work I unfortunately need to get done. It was nice to visit this place again, though; I don’t get to come as often as I’d like. Feel free to visit the world anytime you wish, as there is plenty more to learn about it. Who knows; maybe you can find a way through one of the doors.

            

© 2012 Shadow


Author's Note

Shadow
It's not really much, it just something I randomly thought of and wrote down.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

THis is lovely and pieceful. I suppose we all have our "places".

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

301 Views
1 Review
Added on November 3, 2012
Last Updated on November 7, 2012
Tags: world, location, field, tree, crystal, book, calm, storm

Author

Shadow
Shadow

San Tan Valley, AZ



About
I'm a video editor for a small company that does primarily business videos. I enjoy writing in my spare time. more..

Writing