Transcendence

Transcendence

A Story by Shady
"

A little bit of hope

"
The dust in the air is suffocating his very last existence. Nothingness lies before him as far as the eye could see over the horizons. A stream of blood escapes, flowing free from the grip of his fingers. The cloaked man struggles and stumbles onward to his own destination through the desert . Unaware of the young noble man on his black horse. The noble man comes to a halt next to the cloaked man.
" You are injured, how can I help you?. The cloaked man stops, catches his breath to speak.
" I do thank you for your kind offer, but unfortunately you won't be able to help me"
The cloaked man continue to walk onward. The noble man looks again at the trail of blood following the cloaked man. With a shivering voice the noble man speaks again.
" Sir you are injured badly and lost a lot of blood, umm... How do I say this...Your chances of survival is not much"
The cloaked man stops again, catches his breath.
" Yes, I know that and you knew that the first time you saw me. Why did you stop in the first place offering your assistance to me"
"I was just trying... Were are you going ?"
"I'm finding my salvation"
" Your salvation? I am not trying to be mean, but your in the middle of nowhere in this God forsaken place and your dying"
" This God forsaken place may not be suitable for life, all things bad contains something good. For instance this place contains the purest water known to man. This water can give life to the dead "
The noble man looks bewildered at the cloaked man. He burst out in laughter.
" There is no water for miles. I know this desert by hand".
" My dear friend ignorance is not a bliss but a curse. You have been looking and not seeing "
" I get it, you are one of those crazy people who believes the world is coming to an end"
"Cry Wolf, cry laughter it does not matter. The world will live on by the gaze of the stars for a million years to come"
" So you are not one of them, mm"
" We are almost there, the rock of Malik contains the waters"
" The rock of Malik? It is just a rock, there is no water "
"That's because you are looking but not seeing"
" There is nothing to see except misery, struggles and pain, that is it, and that is all there is"
" How come a noble man as yourself has such anger in his heart?"
"Noble I am not. Was is the correct term. My family lost everything thanks to my father's greed. Now my father is in jail awaiting his death. My mother, sisters and I were kicked out of our home and they took everything we own. Now I am on my way to the big city. Hopefully I will be able to get work there to care for my family".
" And you have never worked in your life?"
" I don't know how I am going to do this. I am scared"
" Why you talk of this matters of the heart? I man says he's scared is not a good thing"
" I know. You won't live to tell the tale"
"True. I can not help you with your quarrel but I can tell you this. For the seeker of truth the road is not clear and the forthcoming is difficult with boundless struggles as far as the eye could see. Hope and dreams can change the fears of the unknown ahead. It merely depends on the perception of the living. Life can be good and fulfilling by the beholders mind. As to what you see is not the reality, but the reality you create withinn is what you will see."
The cloaked man stumbles and falls to the ground. The noble man jumps off from his horse to assist.
" It seems to me that I won't find my salvation after all"
" Do not speak of that. I will help you"
" You said yourself there is no water"
" Yeah I did. If it makes you happy, I will take you there"
" It is not on your path. I need to walk this path. It is mine to do so alone"
" I don't care what your saying. I will walk your path with you "
" Why, I have nothing to offer?.
" You're right. But I have something to offer you, I can help you see Malik rock"
The cloaked man nods yes and puts his arms around the noble man. Together they stumble on. Not for long, they reach Malik rock. The noble man slides the cloaked man down next to the rock. Out of breath the noble man drops down next to him. The cloaked man stares at the man next to him.
" Not once you asked what happened to me? What if I deserved this?
" I don't care to know. You said yourself that all things bad contains something good. I see something good in you"
The cloaked man smiles. He takes the back of his hand and runs it down the face of the noble.
" Thank you for giving my salivation "
" It is a great pleasure to do so"
" No, you don't understand. Malik is not my salvation, you are. There is no water. I believe you will do good in years to come"
"How can you be so certain where I am not?"
"Life is an uncertainty meant for the living and time is an essence for the dying. The in-between is what makes the journey. Tomorrow will never be the same . The past is not relevant, the future is an uncertainty, now is all you have"
The cloaked man scratches around in his pocket and pulls out a folded piece of paper. He holds out the paper to the noble man and nods making a suggestion for the noble man to take it. The noble takes the paper from the cloaked man's hand, just then the cloaked man blew out his last breath. The noble man lays him down and kisses him on the fore head.
" Goodbye my friend. I hope you find peace"
The noble man walkes away with heaviness in his heart and uncertainty for the future. Now again once alone with no one to guide him.The noble man finds his horse and continues his journey towards the big city. For days on end he rides his horse, not knowing if his journey is all for nothing.
Reaching the entrance of the big city the noble man stops and stares at the scene infront of him. Everything is big, fast and busy. His heart starts to beat faster and faster inside of his chest. His breathing becomes heavy and difficult with every inhale.
" I don't know if I can do this"
The noble man remembers the piece of paper that was given to him. He takes it out of his pocket and unfolds it. His jaw drops open and a tear rolls down his face. The piece of paper contains a will of a big fortune that will last his family and the families after a live time. The tears start to pour down his face. He thought he offered a stranger assistance, instead the stranger offered a live changing moment for him and his family. He turns around in his tracks, home is where he head. Still with tears flowing down his cheeck, he whispers quietly.
" I will not forget you as long as I live. I will do only good in your name. My journey was long and hard but it was not for none. The God forsaken path let me to you at the end of the day"

© 2017 Shady


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on October 17, 2017
Last Updated on October 17, 2017
Tags: Hope, inspiration, light, believe

Author

Shady
Shady

Pretoria , South Africa