From Nightmare to Worse

From Nightmare to Worse

A Story by Shagz
"

A short stroy i wrote in my notebook a week ago. Hope yall enjoy. please rate and offer advice. ignore grammatical or spelling issues. dont be OCD on me ;)

"

I woke up with the dirty taste of sand in my mouth. I rolled over onto my back and blinked my eyes a couple times to get some specs of sand out of them. I leaned forward and spat a few mouthfuls of sand out and wiped my mouth. My right glove was scorched and torn. While examining that, I looked at my boot and saw that it to, was burned and torn apart. I took the boot off and my sock and slid my foot under the sand. it felt nice; reminded me of back in Florida at my girl's house. I stood up and brushed my self off and looked around. I saw scraps of metal and little fires all around me. I looked voer to my left to see a crashed helicopter in the dark. The only reason i could tell what it was is because there was a large fire by it, barely outlining the shape of the chopper with its light. I stumbled over to the crashsite and looked inside. i noticed a body laying against a seat. I leaned to my right and saw that half his face was burned and ripped to pieces. I looked away and threw up onto the sand below me. I wiped my mouth off and picked up the carbine that he was holding.

 

As i checked the magazine, i looked down at my foot and looked at the dead body's foot. I went inside the BlackHawk and pulled his boot and sock off and put them on me. I ran back to where i woke up and turned on the gun's flashlight attachment. I scoped around the sand and found four more bodies around us. I ran over to the nearest one and kicked him in his sides. He groaned and puicked himself up off the ground, cussing the Lord. I looked him and smiled. He was my squad's seargent; his name was Kevin Ligg but we called him Santa due to an incident with a Santa Claus hat and a few girls back in Malibu a few years ago during R&R. I told him where the others were and he ran off to wake them up. I ran back over to the pilot's seat and sat down.

 

I picked up the headset and dialed in the frequency for our base in Herat. Nothing, just pure static. i tried the U.S.S. Washington and same thing. I finally tried the airbase over in Pakistan. All stations were static. I cussed and slammed the headset onto the floor and walked over to the rest of my squad.

 

"Santa, Joseph is dead and the stations are static. The pilots are MIA and the GPS is more fried than KFC. Ammo is low and my a*s is killing me," i reported.

Nickel and Brandon looked at each other and shook their heads. Jacob looked down at the ground and tears fell from his face and hit the sand. Santa looked up at the sky and cussed and looked back at me.

 

"Alright Shaggy. The sun is rising over there so Herat must be that way. Alright boys, get what ammo you can and head north. Renolds, you take point. Shoot anything that moves," Santa ordered to the squad. I began to head towards Herat, Jacob right behind me. I let him catch up to me and patted him on shoulder.

 

"I am sorry Hefner. I will attend the funeral when we get back to the States. When we get to Herat, call y'all's momma and tell her what happened. The news will be better coming from your mouth than reading that pink paper," I spoke my words sofly and grabbed his head and pulled him over to me and kissed his helmet. I let go of him and returned to taking point. We had about twenty-three miles till we get to Herat. Long a*s walk in the desert....

© 2010 Shagz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

298 Views
Added on December 5, 2010
Last Updated on December 7, 2010
Tags: awesome, action, war, drama, cool, wicked, funny, serious, battle, crash, survival

Author

Shagz
Shagz

Pekin, IN



About
I am a young writer. I am a sophomore from the countryside of southern Indiana. I love history, science, warfare, my baby girl and my country. I plan to be a Marine when I get older but odds are I wil.. more..

Writing