Escape

Escape

A Story by BodilessSoul
"

A story about a distressed girl who finds out there is always a way to make it through.

"

            I will not give in to the evil inside me.  I won’t give in to her madness.

But dying is oh so tempting.  It’s an escape… a numbing peacefulness that I yearn for so much.  I want so much to be released from this constant struggle!  The pain is unbearable!  I want to get away from it! 

“I want to find a way out of this hell!” I screech into the stars above as I lie, crumpled, on the grass only a few feet away from my house.

I hate being here, locked up inside myself.  I need to breathe; I’m suffocating.  I can’t seem to find a way to heal or to at least numb this pain that’s always there, breathing down my neck. 

“Someone, please!  Something! Anything!”  I screech, breathless, into the earth as I twist in agony.  My heart hurts. 

Everything hurts.

            But the voice in my head tells me no.  That angel, who I sometimes want to send straight to hell because of the absurd things it says, tells me to continue forward.  It says that I’ll strive to be stronger; I’ll get through it. 

“Lies!”  I groan as the knife of hatred and evil pierces my heart once again.  The angel shushes me with sweet words of encouragement.  Am I crazy for hearing it?  Or am I just trying to survive?  I would think I’d get a break or two for half of the stuff I’ve been though.  But hey, if my mom’s evil wouldn’t the rest of the world be the same for watching in silence as she degrades me?  For all I knew, everyone was the same as her.

No, the voice whispers, think positive.

“What for? Why should I?”  I struggle to get out, as I start sobbing and heaving uncontrollably; the knife drives deeper.  Two more knives plunge into my soul as my mother screams my name from the house.

But I answer the question for myself as I writhe in pain.  If I don’t believe all will turn out well, everything will go to hell.  I’ll end up either dead or like my mother.  If I were actually dead or just mentally gone, it wouldn’t matter.  I would have let her win by becoming that. 

Yet, the negative thoughts rush in.  They fill my head with visions of the years to come, the torture, the struggle, and the pain. 

Another knife digs deep into my wounded heart.

“I can’t,” I gasp, “I can’t do this!”  I struggle to get up from my fetal position. 

You can, the voice says, come with me.

“You’re not real!” I scream in frustration as I struggle to stay upright, yet another knife attacks my heart at the sound of my mother’s yell coming from the door.  She’s there then, in the doorway, and her eyes are gleaming red.  She’s angry about something and she’s going to take it out on me.  Please, no, please!

Look at me, the voice whispers.

“You’re in my head.  I Can’t Look At You,” I growl low and hard as my mother screams again, demanding me to come to her.  It’s then that I see a person from the corner of my eye standing in the middle of two trees to the left of me.  To my right, my mother screams again.  She’s going to attract the neighbors’ attention if she doesn’t calm down.

“Mia”, the man calls just as the voice in my head whispers, come.  

My eyes widen.  I realize with a start that the man is the voice. How can that be?  It’s not possible but I wish it so.  I don’t care at this point how weird it is that he knows my name or that he might be the voice in my head.  It all doesn’t matter as long as he’ll take me away from here. 

The knives are retreating as if they know they’re defeated.  I gasp at the new pain caused by this and reach for him.  He grabs my arms, pulling me into an embrace that instantly eases the agony of my wounds.  It’s then that white wings wrap around me and I feel my feet leave the ground. 

I wake up, horrified by the dream.  As if afraid that the knives will race back, I grab my chest, clenching it together but nothing comes to hurt it, to hurt me.  I smile and sigh to myself as I lie back down on my pillow.  There is no voice there in my mind but I know it lays in a slumber, waiting for me to meet its owner.

For now, I battle this hardship alone but I know in time an angel will come to me in human form to heal my wounds and protect me from harm.  I will not die, I will not leave, and I will not surrender.  I will fight this pain and wait for my escape, my angel, to come to me.

 

© 2008 BodilessSoul


Author's Note

BodilessSoul
Bleh with any grammar problems. I think it's a bit rushed and I'd love some advice on how to fix it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

it's very strange that it became really realistic when it turned out to be a dream. it's like you are telling me, yeah, you can have a dream like that that explains everything in your real life more vividly than when it actually happens leaving you numb. i wish i could write a story like this that would however start like a fairy tale and end realistically. anyway. thanks.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i like this one alot. but you know me, i like all your stuff!!! ;3

Posted 15 Years Ago


it's very strange that it became really realistic when it turned out to be a dream. it's like you are telling me, yeah, you can have a dream like that that explains everything in your real life more vividly than when it actually happens leaving you numb. i wish i could write a story like this that would however start like a fairy tale and end realistically. anyway. thanks.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved it LeeLee! Great job.

I like the use of the knives over and over again. It makes the pain much much more real. And you know i'm a sucker for finding "the light at the end of the tunnel" stories. Cause thats what i do all the time!

Lol.

Much love, get more up!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Nice job, this one blows the other one out of the water. It sounds a lot more natural and a lot less animeish, I feel more in touch with the character. I only found two things that bothered me, very nice job.

*"Someone, please! Something! Anything!" I barely whisper into the earth as I twist in agony.*

Posted 15 Years Ago


FUN TO READ!! IN MY FAVES RIGHT AWAY!!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


I have to say, you have the first story I have read where the character is very catchy. Right away you know this is someone who is on the edge of breaking down. The sentences are very short and ranted, it helps suggest that the character is on edge or nervous. Now I have some suggestions that may be able to improve some more of the dramatic effects;

*'I won't give in to her madness.
But dying is oh so tempting. It's an escape� a numbing peacefulness that I yearn for so much. I want so much to be released from this constant struggle! The pain is unbearable! I want to get away from it!'*

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 19, 2008
Last Updated on November 25, 2008
Previous Versions

Author

BodilessSoul
BodilessSoul

LarlarLand, FL



About
Hello All! I am an aspired writer but I don't think I'm that great. I have many ideas but I have a lot to learn about techniques and all that jazz! I love literature and also acting. I love theatr.. more..

Writing