Witness

Witness

A Story by BodilessSoul
"

A story about when a little girl, meaning no harm but curious, suddenly stumbles upon a murder by a very shocking killer.

"

The night was impenetrable, darkness spilled throughout the room and touched every corner, leaving no spot untouched by its mysterious shade.  The night was alive with tension and restlessness; something was off.

She walked tentively and quietly to the window, glowing from the headlights of the groaning truck outside.  Slowly and discreetly, she pulled the curtain away and peered into the night, the air around her buzzing with anticipation and adrenaline.  She was utterly calm as she watched two men querrel in front of the complaining, ancient pick-up truck by the house sandwiched next to hers.  She glanced at the truck for a meer moment, feeling an eery recognization of the car in the back of her mind, and then returned her eyes to the bickering men.

Suddenly, her hand clenching against the fabric of the curtain, one of the men pulled something out from the shadows.

"BAM," the night resounded with the blaze of the hot gun, disturbing whatever peace was still left in the air, particles shifting and spazzing at the rare sound of a gun going off.  The shot vibrated through her bedroom walls, shaking the foundation of her home and her being as yet another shot went off.  The gun's savage sound echoed throughout the street and her mind as she watched, transfixed, as the culprit finished off his victim.

Her newly tainted eyes followed his every moves, horrified and fascinated at the same time by his monstrosity. 

With a jerk, the man's darkened face chanced a glance in her direction, revealing his face to her and hers to him through the truck's headlights.  She gasped but yet was siezed with shock and fear to the point where the gasp came out a tormented choke.  Silence was evoked for a frozen moment as she and he locked eyes, his eyes and face having an eerie resemblence to hers.

Then, he raised his gun one last time, directly in between innocence's eyes...

 ...and pulled the trigger.

© 2009 BodilessSoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

that would be a very good story but how did he see her at night through her window two houses down? and manage to shoot her

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 24, 2009
Last Updated on March 25, 2009

Author

BodilessSoul
BodilessSoul

LarlarLand, FL



About
Hello All! I am an aspired writer but I don't think I'm that great. I have many ideas but I have a lot to learn about techniques and all that jazz! I love literature and also acting. I love theatr.. more..

Writing