The Eye

The Eye

A Poem by BodilessSoul
"

The hurricane that is love. We all want to feel it out of curiousity, but never want to suffer the conscequences.

"

The rain was pouring down, pelting on stability's door

The wind was smashing into the comfort of denial;  I can't take this anymore.

The wails were high and screeching, making their presence known to the silence of the alone.

But then came the quiet, the tranquil air my heart was waiting for.  Though no one would condone..

I wandered into the beams of light, away from the defender.  I walked right into delusion's eye.

 

It was all that I could ask for, after such a raging storm. 

It was all that I could ask for, after being oh, so torn.

The essence of this pause, this calm from all the noise, droned out the sensibility of my forlone heart

So when the clouds came rushing closer, I did not even start. 

I stayed there in a dream, this oasis from the dark.

 

The sun was shining down, melting away my deepest thoughts.

The breeze was dancing around me; sending feelings of hope I fought not.

The laughter was high and soaring, making my thin content known to the silence of the approaching end.

But still, as the clouds came rolling in once again, I did not defend.

I wandered into the false beams of light, away from the defender.  I walked right into delusion's eye.

 

It was all that I had begged for, after such a raging storm.

It was all that I had pleaded for, after being oh, so torn.

The illusion of this heaven, this calm from all the noise, droned out the sensibility of my forlone heart

So when the thunder came rushing closer, I failed to heed the warning.

I stayed there in a dream, regecting the need for mourning.

 

The rain came pouring down, pelting through to my stability.

The wind came smashing into the comfort of denial, no longer sheltered from it's cruelty.

The wails came high and screeching, tearing through the silence, and joining my cries.

But no calm came to protect my naked skin from the harsh reality of the hurt within.  Why?

I had wandered into false hope, away from the wall of my defender.  I had walked right into delusion's eye.

I had wandered into false hope of love's surrender.  I had walked right into delusion's eye.

© 2010 BodilessSoul


Author's Note

BodilessSoul
This is actually very old... I just found it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
Added on June 5, 2010
Last Updated on June 5, 2010

Author

BodilessSoul
BodilessSoul

LarlarLand, FL



About
Hello All! I am an aspired writer but I don't think I'm that great. I have many ideas but I have a lot to learn about techniques and all that jazz! I love literature and also acting. I love theatr.. more..

Writing