Above the black clouds

Above the black clouds

A Poem by Shane Hogan Poetry

The universal pull and push has worn me,
 beyond a sense of self, once again.
The great metaphor spins fear as safety, 
and differentiates the habitat from the cage.
Oh look at these evil primates,
Basking in subconscious glories!!
I fooled myself.
Holding nothing, I let go.

The dream starts as twilight falls around me.
Milk white clouds fill the sky above,
and rain clarity upon my mind. 
I sense, the sense of sensation, 
and expand with no boundaries.
Maybe I am the most almighty planet,
but still I only revolve around, 
what is revolving still. 

Reality sits with two burning eyes,
Twitching with pulsing frustration.
The central chamber 
of consciousness ferments, 
until a molten state, 
and vents its thoughts
above the surface! 
Banal Horizons are set on fire, 
While rivers of prediction evaporate. 

I can see your judgmental eyes;
Sweet serenity, I am free. 

© 2014 Shane Hogan Poetry


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well, Shane....wonderful words and a lovely metre. Flows easily. My mind went to the universe with spiral galaxies and gravitational forces, with volcanoes and molten matter flowing all over. A planet's mind talking to God within an ever expanding universe. I saw the milky way with its association with earth and I saw 'man' in his primitive ways of greed and violence.
That was my mind as I read this poem. The history of the earth? Hmmmm fascinating read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Shane Hogan Poetry

10 Years Ago

A remarkable review :) thank you for your honesty and insight as to its impact on you :)!



Reviews

Very deep and emotive. Feelings just ooze out of this piece, wonderful! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Deeply profound, it's easy to get lost in your words..amazing read :) x

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very good flow, and word choice. Really made me picture a clear scenario and made me want to infer a message, does a great job of making you think and infer ok what it's about:3

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow. This is beyond magnificent. It is wholly profound... that last line really caught me, especially. It's describes a kind of liberalization that one faces often in life; either in regards to people or situations or conditions. I like the metaphor of the 'eyes' such as "reality sits with two burning eyes" and then later "I can see the judgement in your eyes." It speaks of the fact that even though we sometimes try to ignore it, we are always going to be picked apart by our environment... it's our job to free ourselves. Kudos on the excellent writing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a superb piece! Indeed life is an endless "pull-push" force. And because of that, people perhaps try to be like rubber bands in order to cope up. Why not? Life has only two phases or sides: joy and sadness...or triumph and failure...black and white... So, after the negatives, the positive things will follow.
Great metaphors, too.

I just found this one: "Holding *noting, I let go." ---Is it *nothing?

Thank you for this outstanding poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great job bro.......! Amazing poem!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shane Hogan Poetry

10 Years Ago

thank you my friend.
My God...honestly....I am a fanatic of your work! As I read your pieces I imagine different diversities, passions, voices and thoughts . Very Very Visual! Thank You For The Inspiration !

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shane Hogan Poetry

10 Years Ago

I have plenty of work if you want read request?
Brilliant piece of writing. Many references in your work are "endless" as "Rod Dangers" alluded to. Your style of writing is rarely seen these days, in the sense that you poetically hint at notions with an implicit narrative voice. Overall, you capture your reader into rereading your poem by using specifics, but keeping it broad (e.g. "the universal pull and push has worn me", you use the specific aspect of nature in the sense that the gravitational forces of the world pull and push you, but you perhaps refer to life's "pull and pushing" and this strongly highlights the notion of "pulling and pushing" in itself, in the sense that it can hold any meaning and thus is chaotic in itself. Do forgive me if what i say is very unorganised, but overall a very good read!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shane Hogan Poetry

10 Years Ago

You speak perfectly Friend!
I can never quite see what others do, but I'll give you my honest opinion. In these words I see a narrator not unlike myself. A man or woman who exists at the center of his/her very own universe, as each of us does. Exhausted with the constant push to become a part of the universe, as well as the pull of the universe in every direction. A boiling cauldron of emotions at the center of a being that never truly ends beyond its physical limitations.

"Reality sits with two burning eyes,
Twitching with pulsing frustration."

Catching glimpses of that which is just beyond our ability to grasp, the reality that is there that has thus far evaded human conception.

"Banal Horizons are set on fire,
While rivers of prediction evaporate."

A million and one possible futures, with unfathomable depths of possibilities within each, waver in the distance as if seen through the sheen of extreme heat. The depths of those rivers of prediction do indeed evaporate in the face of such heat, never to be examined by the likes of a mere human.

"I can see your judgmental eyes;
Sweet serenity, I am free."

Acceptance that there are things that are simply beyond our ability to grasp, knowing that we are all judged even as each of us sits in judgment of others, from time to time.

This poem reached me on a level that I can not see clearly, do not understand fully, and can not explain clearly. Very well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shane Hogan Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you for spending the time to contemplate my piece, interpretations are interpretations and by .. read more
Some incredible lines here and amazing images. So many layers that could be read into on this, that it deserves and warrants multiple reads.
Thanks for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shane Hogan Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you rod!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1040 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 2, 2014
Last Updated on January 16, 2014

Author

Shane Hogan Poetry
Shane Hogan Poetry

Co. Kildare, Leinster , Ireland



About
I know you feel it scratching beneath the surface of this state. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..