Deadly Promise--Chapter One

Deadly Promise--Chapter One

A Chapter by Shannie Pie
"

An angel gets captured by a demon. The demon wants to eat her heart to gain immortality. What will she do to survive?

"

“They say the heart of an angel makes one immortal.”

I struggled in my chains and tried to see my surroundings, but the light that shone in front of me was blinding. My head hurt and the gag in my mouth tasted of dust. I stretched my toes to touch the ground, but it was just out of reach. My wrists were killing me.

Footsteps echoed around me as the speaker continued. “I’ve heard that angel heart tastes just like heaven. No surprise, really, considering that that’s where they fell from.” The steps fell silent and an eerie calm settled over me. The back of my neck prickled.

Snap.

The light turned off and my head swam at the sudden change. I still couldn’t see a thing. Fingers came to stroke my jaw. I jerked away with a growl. How dare he touch me! The man laughed and cupped my chin with a strong grip. I wished my hands were free so I could punch him in the face.

“Well, this is no fun.” His breath smelled of mint as it wafted up my nose. The smell would forever be ruined. “Let’s add a little bit of color to the air, shall we?” Then he tore the gag from my mouth, none too gently.

“That hurt, you dimwit!” I could see the outline of this evil man in front of me now, my eyes still healing from the harsh light.

He laughed, finding my reaction funny. “Of course it did, sweetheart. It was supposed to.”

Before I could reply, he leaned forwards to lick my lips. I was appalled. I would have chomped his tongue off, if I had thought of it beforehand. However, he groaned, as if in ecstasy.

“So all the tales were true. It does taste of heaven.” His face was getting clearer, along with the tattoo that was printed beside his left eye. It was harsh, though of a pattern I had never seen before. The black ink stood stark against his pale skin.

“You vile man!” I screeched, wanting to tear his hair out, all of it at once, by the root. Make him feel the pain that ran up and down my spine.

“Oh come, buttercup. Surely you can come up with something more creative than that.” Finally, I could see his whole face. The man’s tight smile and black eyes seemed to corrupt my soul. The information horrified me and froze my gaze.

“Demon,” I whispered.

“Ah, now, that’s a bit closer.” The man grinned cruelly and forced me to look aside. My breath caught in my throat as he spoke in my ear. “I wish I could have played out this game a bit longer.” I felt something poke my belly. The devil bit my earlobe, causing me to jump. The knife in his hand tore through my dress.

“Oh, please. You ruined my best dress,” I racked my mind for some reason for him to let me go, or something that would allow me to live a little longer.

“That won’t matter for too much longer. Though it is a pity. I’m sure the dress would have sold for a high price, if it were whole.” He pulled away and grabbed my chin again, looking into my eyes. “I’ve always wanted to see the pain as an angel died by my hand. I’m sure it will be terribly erotic.”

I sneered at him. “That is disgusting. Getting off by killing an angel.” An idea crossed my mind. “You could make loads more money if I were alive.”

He laughed and the sound grated on my ears. “What use would you be to me alive? Make me rich by your magic fingers that can sew finer than any machine? Use your angelic voice to convince men to give me their riches? Pah! What is money when compared to immortal life?”

“I can still give you immortality along with all the perks of owning an angel.”

“How so?”

I gulped as the tip of the knife rested on my breast, above my heart. “A secret that has been kept for eons, only told among angels.”

“Keep talking.” The knife pricked my skin, spilling my blood of sunlight. I moaned and he licked his lips, grinning.

“You don’t have to eat the heart of an angel to have immortality.”

“Hah! Is this a joke? You’re going to die by my hand, angel.”

Before he could thrust the knife, I continued quickly. “Then how do angels live forever?”

“They are in the graces of God.”

“No, that is not the reason. The reason is,” he lifted the knife above his head, eyes gleaming. “The reason is love!” I closed my eyes, waiting for the pain.

It didn’t come.

I opened my eyes a bit, to judge his expression. He dropped his hand from my face, instead putting it to his own. He seemed interested. I held back my sigh of relief. I had to play this out carefully from here on. He could kill me at any moment, I knew.

“Love? An angel’s love will keep one alive forever?”

“Yes.” I nodded vigorously, hoping it didn’t seem too hopeful. “The love of an angel will keep one alive forever.”

The demon tossed the knife into the air, catching it by the handle. “The love of an angel…” He threw the knife and it imbedded itself in the wall next to my face. I gasped and the man stroked my cheek softly, yet I knew it was filled with threats. “You will never love me. I should just kill you now, before you distract me once more.”

“One month!” I sobbed. I knew I was desperate now. “Give me one month. If I haven’t fallen in love with you by then, you can kill me in whatever way you would like.”

The devil caught my eyes with his corruptive gaze one last time and chuckled darkly. “Sounds like a deal.” He pulled the knife out of the cement and hung it from his belt. “I’ll be rooting for your failure, angel.”

“I’ll prove you wrong, demon.”

He smirked at me one last time before turning and walking away. A large door shut behind him with a dreadful sucking sound, leaving me in the dark.

What had I gotten myself into?

 



© 2011 Shannie Pie


Author's Note

Shannie Pie
Not sure if I'll continue this. Written very late at night.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very creepy.

I might would intensify the dialogue between them. Crank up the tension a little more before the reveal. Maybe even switch things around so the reveal is at the end of the chapter, makes it more intense.

I think you've got a good start here.

This sort of story could sell very well once finished. You should keep working on it.


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very creepy.

I might would intensify the dialogue between them. Crank up the tension a little more before the reveal. Maybe even switch things around so the reveal is at the end of the chapter, makes it more intense.

I think you've got a good start here.

This sort of story could sell very well once finished. You should keep working on it.


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
1 Review
Added on June 4, 2011
Last Updated on June 4, 2011


Author

Shannie Pie
Shannie Pie

UT



About
I love to write for fun and keep my imagination flowing. I'm an avid photographer and will take photos of practically anything! more..

Writing