Fake Smiles

Fake Smiles

A Poem by Shasha
"

Why fake Smiles?

"
Fake Smiles, they are like putting on make up,
Red lipstick, pink blush, eye shadow.
Making a mask of it, trying to hide the shouts of the tears,
But we forget that a fake smile or the make up paints the floating tears,
Blood red, blue berry purple highlighting the tear.
We pretend we are all right, forcing the lips to push the cheeks towards the eyes. 
Trying to cage the tears, shutting the tears inside, covering their mouths to convert their each scream to a polite whisper. 
But after all is this correct? 
We can prison our tears inside, letting the fake smile touch our lips but we forget that a caged one shouts more, asking for help, trying it's best to be free, to hurt you, not giving up, and at the end freeing itself up, free from the bond of the eyes, jumping down from the eye lashes, running free, kicking on the make up.
 Trying it's best to look at the world and never looking back to that cage of eyes. 
And at last you were abortive, abortive in caging a little drop of water, you lost the battle against the world,you have been self defeated, thinking you are a loser, why did you cage your pearls, why didn't​ you scream, why did you faked the smile and why were you afraid of the world's sympathy. 

© 2017 Shasha


Author's Note

Shasha
Please let me know how is it! This is my first Spoken Word.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked the poem. You raised great questions with your words and thoughts.
"We can prison our tears inside, letting the fake smile touch our lips but we forget that a caged one shouts more, asking for help, trying it's best to be free, to hurt you, not giving up, and at the end freeing itself up, free from the bond of the eyes, jumping down from the eye lashes, running free, kicking on the make up."
Many people believe the above lines. Afraid to show real face. Live and die, hurting and afraid. Thank you Shasha for sharing your worthwhile and wonderful poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Shasha

6 Years Ago

Thank you!
Your each word means a lot to me!
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Was my pleasure and you are welcome.
So many reasons for a faked smile, becoming more common too, makes me wonder if it is a brave front for some...I have no doubt it is...strong piece Shasha :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Shasha

6 Years Ago

Thank you, Poppy!!! I am pleased to hear that you liked it!!!
Personally, upon saying it out loud... I was quite impressed, especially if this is your first attempt at creating a verbal flow... Some really strong lines, and quite sympathetic-feeling of a word choice... Which leads me to identify with this, despite not wearing lipstick, heh... Very nicely penned...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Shasha

6 Years Ago

Oh, Thank you very much!!! It means a lot! I am glad that you liked it!!!
Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

You are welcome... I very much did...!
two things, 1. wish you would have chosen a more vast vocabulary instead of repeating cage/caging, tears, etc. 2. this poem is well understood in what the text is trying to say so good job
CX

Posted 6 Years Ago


Shasha

6 Years Ago

Hm, the main problem in writing is words. I will try my best to use more words in my next poem. Than.. read more
People try their hardest to "deal" as they can...with some "things" most seldom succeed.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Shasha

6 Years Ago

Yes, I have seen people saying that are all right but there eyes say what they don't. Thank you very.. read more
Absolutely brilliant, best words..loved it totally

Posted 6 Years Ago


Shasha

6 Years Ago

Oh, I am so happy that you liked it! Thank you Farhan!
This, Shasha, is actually wonderful! And, after reading this, I honestly don't believe it is your first spoken word poetry. (Although, I don't know them very well.)
Keep writing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Shasha

6 Years Ago

Oh, Soumya, Thank you very much! I mean very, very much!
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
A wonderful spoken word, especially considering it's your first. I am no expert, but I like it very much.

Love,
Vasilees.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Shasha

6 Years Ago

Aww, Vasilees, you liked it! Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

494 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 28, 2017
Last Updated on May 5, 2017
Tags: Fake Smiles, tears, cage, make up

Author

Shasha
Shasha

Where there are many voices but one sound, the country of love, India



About
You are inside a maze, stay here forever or find the way out. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Horizon Horizon

A Poem by Stacy Purvis