To You/Today

To You/Today

A Poem by pamzilla. ♥

To you.

March 28, 2014.

Today is important.
Today is the day that I have decided that I've had enough of the way you treat me and how you act towards me and just...everything.
I've said that whenever you come with your "I can't be friends with you" bullshit, I'd just let you go, no questions asked.
But today.
Today I have decided that you're no good for me.
Today I have realized that this friendship is toxic, and really, only benefits you in any discernible way.
So today.
Today I've decided that I'll delete your number.
I'll keep your texts because not all of our friendship was this way and I'd like to have something to remember, both when I want to torture myself and make myself feel better.
If you keep your word, and do in fact get me something for my birthday (which was so much more than a month ago and you know I hate late presents), I'll keep that too.
I'll even keep the sentimental earphones that you gave me.
But you?
You I cannot keep.
No matter how much I want to.
So today.
Today I'll replay the breakup mixtape I made with you in mind.
Today I'll mourn you and our friendship that was almost a relationship.
But tomorrow?
Tomorrow, you'll be just like every other person I ever fell in love with...
Gone.

© 2014 pamzilla. ♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on March 30, 2014
Last Updated on March 30, 2014

Author

        pamzilla. ♥
pamzilla. ♥

Kingston, Jamaica



About
How long has it been WC, a year or so? Hmph. Well. Anyways, I go by several names, my favourites being pamzilla, pinjerr and lee. Feel free to call me any of those. Dominic is an acceptable option.. more..

Writing