Instead

Instead

A Poem by TerryDarcy-Ryan akaSheerTerror



I played Russian Roulette today

The trigger felt amazing

Your shadow stopped me

I felt complete

To destroy you

Instead

 

Just like when you say Baby

And smile bright

Like a circus light 

I love you

Instead

 

I planned your Demise today

The trigger felt amazing

My shadow stopped me

I felt complete

To destroy myself

Instead

 

Just like when I say Baby

And lie in spite

This is my right

That I love you

Instead

 

I had a Blade made just for two 

The look and feel is amazing

There will be no shadows in this foreplay

I felt complete

To destroy Us

Instead

 

Just like when we say Baby

Turning in that perfect Circle

Like a Merry go round

That I perfectly hate you

Instead

 










© 2019 TerryDarcy-Ryan akaSheerTerror


Author's Note

TerryDarcy-Ryan   akaSheerTerror
Instead, is about honesty. There is a breaking point, its different for everyone. I now know mine. I never actually played Russian Roulette, the symbolism is perfect for the final chapter of my marriage. My ex and I are so volatile we still can not be in the same room together after 3 years. If your still reading I thank you and GOD BLESS.

Sheer Terror

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hello, SheerTerror! :)
I enjoyed your metaphors and the strong emotion here. The phrasing is interesting.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I can't get enough of the fact that your build up is so thorough. Makes me think to whats coming next and i can't even think of what you throw in there. This is an amazing piece and the repetition is in the perfect place. And you entry and how its presented is amazing and presentation is everything the fact that you add the photos at the end helps you understand the end is the end and what has come it has to be..your writing is well done and setup greatly...share more and keep on posting !

Posted 7 Years Ago


The repeating line is awesome! I loved the flow of emotion. Nice reading it.☺

Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
B.J
Wow! what an experience of flow, enigmatic energy. Just as well it is on the computer. I know I felt like that not so long ago in my life. I put it all down on paper, then burned it. Well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


THis is my favorite... This one is amazing!! Wow!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Alright terror,it's been said that you can tell a true friend by the honesty of their words. So here I go, just a bit of advice.....you are truly old school and new to this format and it shows. I can tell that you're used to working from a note book . I don't think that you need to double post the piece's title and your name at the bottom. I think that when you were posting that you didn't realize that the website would actually do those things for you. With that being said....the content was ....well...frightening. Remind me not to piss you off. All jokes aside, there's a raw nerve exposed here that is a reminder of the kinds of darkness a lover can inspire in the heart of a poet. And leave it to a poet to express in dramatic form just how beautifully twisted those emotions can be. More to the point I appreciate your style. It flowed like a slow babbling brook but carried the strength of the raging Colorado river. Both powerful and subtle. A beautiful and effective combo. Well done my friend.


Posted 7 Years Ago


Awe inspiring, with a captivating grip, the build up is great. Loved the change to having a custom blade made for both of you.

Posted 7 Years Ago


'I felt complete to destroy you'

'I felt complete to destroy me'

'I felt complete to destroy us'

This is so seductively sinister. It really grabbed my attention and I can't help but wonder where you drew inspiration from? I found myself rereading this, imagining two insane lovers sat opposite each other, with a gun on the table between them. I wonder if this is at all close to what you imagined whilst writing, or if I've interpreted it completely differently.

Overall, very compelling.

Posted 7 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1846 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 9, 2016
Last Updated on May 19, 2019

Author

TerryDarcy-Ryan   akaSheerTerror
TerryDarcy-Ryan akaSheerTerror

PHOENIX, AZ



About
When I was a young girl I was your average Tomboy. I lived to watch Star Trek the only thing that could take me away from the voyages of the Star Ship Enterprise was playing Baseball with the boys. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Reflection Reflection

A Poem by Ana B.