An Alleged Prologue

An Alleged Prologue

A Chapter by TerryDarcy-Ryan akaSheerTerror


A Girl Named Terror




    AN ALLEGED PROLOGUE


  A low roar of voices, bits of laughter, sounds of water in drips to shouts.  A rhythmic beat, heavy in a footstep, boots echo through the hall. Metal clangs, a bang upon iron, bars open to capture. The low roar of voices, shatters frequently in the rise above a scream. Violence is used in another demand for respect. That dignity does not live here, the only respect is the exit, the way out, a place called free.  The feel of the sun on my face, standing out in the open, having to cover my eyes to shield her. Blinded by light.

 Three beams render a filtered brightness, this is the only sunlight I see in a day to day cheerful living space.  The horizontal windows look to be at least 8 feet long and about 12 inches in height. They are set high, close to the ceiling. These large cracks surrender a vague light into a large room housing 250 women. Single beds stacked two and three high, for 250 sleeping souls.  Purgatory I believe, all here by our own hand, our own choice. This is the place between all of life, a memory and dream. This is the last stop before judgement, court, sentencing and prison. Time turns savage when your kept in a cage. Thought is the only thing you have left. Songs you remember, will forever play on a minds reel. close your eyes and feel them. The memory’s woven deep inside, will abide. There is no other way to stay the endless dredging of humiliation and depravity. Violence is always a choice, to take and just keep taking. Too the many, that is respect. Too all there is a price and everybody pays their way.

The very road that lead you here, is the long drive played again and again in your mind. Of course hindsight is riding shotgun, since everything is now crystal clear. I drove here at a 100 miles an hour, with chances to exit and warnings to detour. Foot pressed to the pedal speed versus the inevitable and I have arrived.  

  As I lay on the top bunk of a matrix driven in pure chaos. I can still find a peace of mind and even see the humour. The paper in my hand I lift again to read and it amuses me.  It is an indictment, the bill has arrived. Titled, The State of Arizona vs. and here we have a list of 14 different names. My laughter over each one of them is endearing as I remember them with pride.  This gift for my entertainment, is also the indictment that will send us all to prison. Yes, I know them well, as each one of the names listed, all 14 of them are me.
















© 2020 TerryDarcy-Ryan akaSheerTerror


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is full of intrigue, and typos. I'm not yet able to fully digest this.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Why do you just love this girl?
No prison will hold her for long.

Posted 5 Years Ago


TerryDarcy-Ryan   akaSheerTerror

5 Years Ago

But did you like what you read? It is my first attempt at writing in a form other than Poetry.
Paul Bell

5 Years Ago

I like the prologue. Someone with 14 names has 14 personalities. I would embelish those personalties.. read more
looks like the start of a great book my friend

Posted 5 Years Ago


TerryDarcy-Ryan   akaSheerTerror

5 Years Ago

Thank you Wordman
 wordman

5 Years Ago

you`re welcome

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 21, 2018
Last Updated on October 2, 2020


Author

TerryDarcy-Ryan   akaSheerTerror
TerryDarcy-Ryan akaSheerTerror

PHOENIX, AZ



About
When I was a young girl I was your average Tomboy. I lived to watch Star Trek the only thing that could take me away from the voyages of the Star Ship Enterprise was playing Baseball with the boys. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..