How to Choose Right Formal Dress for Yourself?

How to Choose Right Formal Dress for Yourself?

A Story by Shelly
"

Formal dresses come in a variety of designs and styles. Choosing the perfect dress for a formal event or occasion can sometimes prove quite tricky. This article is an effort towards solving confusion.

"
There are many events that require women to dress formally. Corporate events, evening balls, and wedding ceremonies are some of these events where women choose to dress in formal attires. Formal dresses provide women a sense of poised demeanor and enhanced elegance. This is why it is important to spend considerable amount of time and patience in selecting the right dress.

Formal dresses are available in a range of colors, fabrics and styles. In order to search for the perfect dress, it is important for women to know the various designs and materials that will suit them best according to their body types.

The following tips can thus help women choose the most perfect figure-flattering dress:

1. Women who are heavier from the waist down should consider choosing A-line formal gowns. A-line gowns are often made from strong and durable fabric that gently fall over the hip area, making them look slimmer. Overall these gowns are a great choice to look leaner and taller.

2. Women who have a shorter built should choose formal dresses with empire waists. An empire waist highlights the chest and makes the legs look longer. It can also help conceal a less than perfect stomach.

3. Women with both larger and smaller chests can choose a halter-style formal dress. Halter-style gowns not only look fabulous but also aim to serve two things " de-accentuate a large chest and accentuate a smaller one.

                     

4. Women with a “boyish” figure can consider wearing formal dresses that have a mermaid silhouette. This style works best at accentuating the hips and showing off a tiny waist.

5. Women who are endowed with wide shoulders should avoid wearing a strapless gown. They should also avoid wearing spaghetti straps. They should instead opt for dresses that have mid-sized straps.

6. Taller women can opt for formal dresses that help camouflage height. An ankle-length style can help achieve the desired look. Women can also look shorter by wearing a two-piece outfit or a dress that carries a seam at the natural waistline.

7. Women must always remember to coordinate the color of their formal dress with their respective skin tones. This will help them carry their style confidently and create the desired impact on the onlookers.

8. Getting the right fit is extremely important. The dress can have a wonderful style and the most beautiful design but if its fit is too tight or too loose, then the entire look can end up looking quite disturbing. This is why women should try to select a dress that offers the ease of comfort and complements their personality.

9. Since many gowns and outfits can be quite expensive, women can choose to buy formal dresses online. This will not only help them stick to their budget but also aid them in comparing different brand prices.

A special mention needs to be given to high low formal dresses as these have become quite popular in setting a fashion statement. Often touted as “business in the back, party in the front” dresses, these high low outfits are great for all types of formal occasions. In order to complement a high low dress right, women should focus on wearing minimum accessories and optimum makeup to stand out in a crowd.

In the end, women should feel comfortable in the dress they choose and carry the style with feminine panache. Nothing will fetch a woman more compliments than the way she carries herself.

© 2014 Shelly


Author's Note

Shelly
Choosing a perfect dress for a formal event or occasion can sometimes prove quite tricky. This article thus is an effort towards highlighting some important tips that can guide women towards purchasing the perfect dress.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

572 Views
Added on June 24, 2014
Last Updated on June 25, 2014
Tags: buy formal dresses online, high low formal dresses, gudeer, wedding dresses, formal

Author