What Are They

What Are They

A Poem by Shelby Baker

Hormones: what are they?

They make you feel as if your going to die

Feel at times lonely as hell.

Happy one minute and the other like your somebody that doesn't belong

Makes you want to punch the wall

They make you desire the one you love

They make you hate people you love

They make you feel as if nobody in the world sees you.

Makes you feel like nobody loves you

Makes you unsure of yourself Makes you feel shy

They make you cry either from happiness or pain

hormones are a part of life..

© 2009 Shelby Baker


Author's Note

Shelby Baker
Just something i wrote. Please honestly tell me what you think. I wrote this when i was ten.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I liked the simple truth of it and for the most part, that's all that really matters.

We sometimes complicate things as we grow away from childhood forgetting that the eyes of a child oftentimes are clearer for the lack of adult disillusionment.

You were obviously very astute at the age of ten. ;)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I have three daughters and a wife. My house never have peace. Someone is always pissed off. A very strong poem. Hormones can lead woman to many places. Just hope not the gun rack. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think that this was a great write. It is really nice. I hate hormones. I really do because I always am rude to people during times. I fall in and out of love. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Amen sister! Hormones are a pain in the arse! How can chemicals drive us so INSANE!! Makes you realize how litte we have control in this world even over our own bodies.

Posted 14 Years Ago


What are they? Well at ten, they are something totally different than 30. From a mans view: They are a hatchet waiting to be thrown, harsh words, sleepless nights, overblown fears, a friend with horns, exaggerated emotions and the change bringer. I am not poking fun. I know the havoc runaway hormones can wreak. You should update this piece now and see how it has changed.

I liked it in a juvenile kind of way--

mark

Posted 14 Years Ago


The wonderful simplicity of something so complicated. I, too, have been writing since I was a child, but at ten... I don't think I had even heard of hormones, let alone write about them! :-)

Quite an accurate description of what hormones are and what they do to us. I lived this a lot.

Posted 14 Years Ago


When you were ten? Jeez, when I was 10 I wouldn't have dreamed of righting this. Good for you tho, never too young to start writing poetry. Very nice.

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow you seriously wrote this when you were ten??? holy wow when i was ten writing was the last thing i wanted to do lol

Posted 14 Years Ago


Ten??/ Well I will say you were a smart ten year old. Hormones? Too cute actually. This is written great for a ten year old.
Hormones are a pain, but is what makes us the wonderful, beautiful women we are. Just breath, say "Ok" and ride the wave. Well written piece!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


It's well-written for a ten year-old, yet is true to the honesty of a child. It describes life in a very pure way, I like it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Keep it up! I liked this... If you keep going the way you are, you'll grow as a writer, never stop.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1117 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 14, 2009
Last Updated on May 18, 2009

Author

Shelby Baker
Shelby Baker

Ware, MA



About
center> [~]Shelby Ace Baker [~] May 21 [~] Massachusetts [~] Smart & Witty [~] Sarcastic on occasion more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


seduced seduced

A Poem by Emily B