Lies

Lies

A Poem by Shelby Baker

 

will watch those lies slid off your  tongue like turpentine but don't think you're getting away with them

I might just be remembering them and waiting for the day to drop the bomb

 

© 2009 Shelby Baker


Author's Note

Shelby Baker
Just something small

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice. Isn't that how relationships work? LoL Good stuff.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Roy
Wo wo wo!!! You speak like the Nemesis! Very powerful set of words!! Kudos!

Posted 14 Years Ago


oh! :(
I think lies are a way of saying a "different truth"! If some one lies to me it is because they are telling me i'm not trustful, or because I'm too important to them for them to lose me if i misinterpret the truth... something like that!
= the "style" is powerful and beautifully done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


A little threatening there isn't it. Nicely done with a tinge of suspence.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Short and to the point, um, very good. I love the style.

Posted 14 Years Ago


D:

Scary, but so true to its nature. The consequences for lying are only fair. This was like a punch in the face. No euphemisms in sight. This is only truth, the opposite of a lie.

Powerful piece, and for something so short. I guess punches can't be prolonged haha, they give an instant hit.

Very powerful.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Kind of scary :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow! Short but powerful you know. I like it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Small, yes. Dangerous as well though. There's a venomous drip to this one of a calculating vengeance. It makes me come close to pitying the liar, except for the fact that they'll just be getting what's coming to them, really. Lies come to light and have a sharp bite.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Pass the aggression, please... Mighty forceful & universally understood.
I love the turpentine ref... That's definitely fuel for that bomb that comes later..
Straightforward, in your face poetry!!!!
You're worthy SB..
Kudos.
LeeLee

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2543 Views
50 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 18, 2009

Author

Shelby Baker
Shelby Baker

Ware, MA



About
center> [~]Shelby Ace Baker [~] May 21 [~] Massachusetts [~] Smart & Witty [~] Sarcastic on occasion more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..