My Greatest Fear

My Greatest Fear

A Poem by Shelby Baker
"

My Greatest Fear

"

My Greatest Fear

 

 

 

 

My fear  isnt about


 Being a lonely old hag nobody wants to be around

 Getting into a crash and not being able to walk

 Dying and being the devils little torture doll

Spiders crawling all over my body

Tight dark spaces that will crush me

 

Oh no

 

My fear is greater than that

It’s the fear of having my family judge my writing

Just think of what would be going through their minds

 

       That goes through her head?

        Is she really thinking about doing that?

              She really needs to see a therapist!

 

I don’t mind having the whole world

judge my writing

But when my family is reviewing it

I get tight knots in my stomach 

My Greatest Fear is..

If they think I’m going crazy..


© 2010 Shelby Baker


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The good and the bad.... I'm not very good at sugar-coating and I don't believe it helps.... I'll start with the bad.... Grammar is important, as is spelling. 'Toture', 'then' should be than and 'hole' should be 'whole' to name a couple. Little things really, but if you aspire to be published, those things could make the difference.

Okay, now the good, and there is good in it!! =) I think you give great insight into your inner thoughts and feelings. I really like the first paragraph. You portray yourself as being afraid, without being fearful.

Keep writing.... you've got something going on here =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i don't know much about poetry, but I like the subject. me, well, I just don't even let my family see my writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


no kiddin i kinda agree with you there.
Great Job

Posted 14 Years Ago


Thats cool, and kind of funny. I'm not too worried about it because my family doesn't know anything about this. I like to keep these things a secret. Awesome piece!

Posted 14 Years Ago


OH MY LORD! I MUST FAVORITE THIS - no wait, I'll favorite and then print it and HANG IT ON THE WALL.
This is my new manifesto.
My family - they do think I am a taco shy of a combo meal.
this is a great write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I know exactly how you feel, I told my sisters and my parents that this site was blocked to them, even though they should know that its not possible to do that. I am very lucky they believed me.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I enjoyed this, I have some of the fears at the beginning so I was wondering where this could lead to, but I so agree! I am totally comfortable with people I don't know reading my work but never tell my parents what I'm writing about, mostly because I never told them things in the first place. Anyway, a very unique write, good job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I must admit that I do not know the prose of poetry very intimately. I do know only that I like it or I don't. This is something that I am not sure if I do or do not. It is a true fear for many kinds of writers of an age or family bond that teeters upon the simple approval or disapproval of family. I do not care what family thinks of what I write. I care more about the reader who is reading to entertain themselves and not judge me by some relativity of family standard. Yet, the fear is what makes a writer into an inspired one.

Posted 14 Years Ago


It certainly is a horrendous fear to have. Good write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love this poem, you kick out possible fears(some of which I fear) and when you actually state your fear I was shocked. I've never had that fear realized because I don't show my parents my writing. All in all, great work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I have to laugh as I read through the poem. It so resembles my own fears. You see; writers have a tendency as to being somewhat odd. We go to places that no man nor woman would ever try to go in reality but in literature, we can whisk a reader from their confines of the mundane and into a world of intrigue or even better yet, HORROR. I loved the poem. Nicely written with a bit of the humor that writers should always have. Go on and be afraid.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4475 Views
85 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on January 22, 2010
Last Updated on January 22, 2010
Tags: Family, Fear, Real, Writing, poems, stories

Author

Shelby Baker
Shelby Baker

Ware, MA



About
center> [~]Shelby Ace Baker [~] May 21 [~] Massachusetts [~] Smart & Witty [~] Sarcastic on occasion more..

Writing