Shadow Mask

Shadow Mask

A Chapter by Shep

Shadow Mask

 

Some wear more Mask than others do; more complex, strange and worn. Some maybe weather torn while others are beaten. Some may scorn them as they pass them by. Others with similarity may not know them or discard them or just leave them by the storm to hide.

The shadow sits by his fire, polishing them with gentle care; then adds another Mask. he too knows them all with a simple laugh and a smile the Mask you wear. For another, he may remove it... For it his Mask you wear? ...

You out there may light shine upon the bearer of the unhidden Mask somewhere and someday he will be waiting. Until you himself sits by his fire... And you hand back the Mask he was wearing as the shadows and the Mask and all Mask shadows disappear.

For the light and darkness are one and the same as they fold circle on itself without beginning nor end, the shadow is, will never end for the Mask is strange and complex for some as we all sit and wait by his fire without end.

 

 Eric 20008 



© 2019 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, heavy. We all wear masks, some more consciously so, but we all do it. Like Wesley, I enjoyed this unusual prologue.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Shep

4 Years Ago

Thank you... I try to open my Novels with a poem related to the book.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Once time masks were important subject of human rituals. Today at our western society we lost any ability to connect with our a,past. The mask became synonymous for false and cowards etc. Your piece have,some a tributes of ancient times. It's have light flow and reader almost can levitate through your words.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Shep

5 Years Ago

thank you for your review
This is also a cool opening. It seems to move with a similar poesy. I like this style better than the standard prologue.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Shep

5 Years Ago

I try to open all my books with a poem that fits the workings of the book its self.
Wesley Dingler

5 Years Ago

I love it.
I may try it some day/some story.
To know ourselves then be brave enough to only ware our true emotions. Now that's daring.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Shep

5 Years Ago

Very true thats why were a mask that none can truly see.
Cherrie Palmer

5 Years Ago

I like how you are working it together

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 10, 2019
Last Updated on February 10, 2019


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Clearly Clearly

A Poem by Neville