Chapter 3-1

Chapter 3-1

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 3-1

 


Everyone in bed down the hall for the night, the house still bursting at the seams Ma and Pa made their nightly rounds. First stopping into the boy's room, carefully tiptoeing around the mattress in the middle of the floor Ma brushing EJ’s hair from his face bending down leaving him to kiss on the cheek then whispering, “Goodnight son,” making sure he not too hot. “That’s better,” she whispers to Pa tucking down the sheet around him. Ma bends down on her knees gives each of the little ones the same. “Goodnight my little ones,” then looks over at Richard sleeping and smiles puts back his hand back into bed.


They carefully tiptoe around to the bunk beds to Robert and Will whisper, “thank you, boys...” One more time to each one and kissed them each on their heads. Then tiptoes out of the room and closed the door.  Walking down the hall to the girl’s room they open the door and smile and shaking their heads seeing two girls per bed; Ma walking too each of girls one on each side of the bed. Pa on one side then the other wishes each of their daughters, “goodnight and thanks for all their help.”


Ma whispers in Julie's ear something extra that leaves a special smile whispers, “ok Ma” and nods. Then Ma and Pa go down the hall to their room closed the door behind them.


“Now, where were we dear? Oh yes, something about how much you love me was it,” she said as she hum’s back into his ear…….


Down the hall where Mary and Lizzy are sleeping, they were busy talking about the day and the conversations they had with the girls. Martha was kind enough to leave them each a glass of milk for each of them. “Oh how thoughtful, what a dear. She didn’t need to do that,” as they drink it all falling quickly to sleep. After all, they have had such a long day themselves.


Steve walked down the hall and grab his wife and him glass milk too. It always calms his nerves before bed, but tonight he had something else in mind thinking about his sore feet and note his mother left for him. “Here you go dear,” as they both drink their milk except hers had something besides milk as he grinned and turned out the light. Leaned over and give her a kiss on the cheek.


She whispered in a tired yawn. “Will you forgive me, dear?” She asked.


“Always,” he replies and gives her one more kiss goodnight.


“The question is dear will you?” He said as she falls softly too sleep.


The house is quiet and everyone was sleeping, some sounder than others. Martha has left the door open just crack so she could see them pass by. The question is who was going to try it first? Yep, Peggy looked over whispered over to Donna, “I’m breaking out, you with me or not? Either way, I’m leaving.”  Checking to make sure those evil sisters are asleep. Peggy tiptoes towards the door. Quietly opens the door and slides her way through.


But before she makes it to bathroom Julie, Anna stood in the hallway behind her. “Going somewhere?” Julie said seeing her and Anna standing in the doorway.


“I just need to use the bathroom that’s all.” Anna followed her down to the bathroom waited outside the door.


Peggy paced back and forth inside wanting to scream seeing the window. “Wondering maybe if I,” climbing on a stool opening the window.


“Hello, Peggy,” Julie said.


“Aug!” Peggy shuts the window. “I am doomed!” Hangs her head finding Anna outside the door while Julie was walking back down the hall, waited for her and pointed her back down the hall to the room. Julie and Anna climb back into bed giggling side by side. Peggy whispered.” I hate them, I hate them all.” Elbow her sisters in the ribs oh that felt so good.


Then Dona elbowed her back. “Quit it!”


“You quit it,” Peggy replies.


Julie whispered. “Peggy, what did my Ma say?”  Few more hours went by as dawn approached. Dona waited to listen around the house, she could hear her sister snoring like a horse like a Clydesdale and those evil sisters are sound asleep. " ‘Patient is what needed when wanting something bad enough’ Grandma always said. Right now I want out of here the sooner the better I say”. Dona quietly sneaked out of bed crawled onto the floor to the door waiting, checking if they are all still sound asleep. “Good not one sound all sawing logs.” She opened the door slowly slithered into the hall like a snake closing the door behind her.  Waited to see if anyone came out. Nope… Slides into the bathroom around the corner.


A door opened. “Great. This is all I need.” Uncle Steve, he’s coming towards her passing her as he headed towards the kitchen for another glass of milk and went back to his room and closed the door behind him. Dona breathed. “That was close. I need to get out of here; this place is crawling with idiots. My hands are ruined.” She said to herself as she looked at the closed doors, checking to make sure the coast was clear. She slides down to the kitchen to makes a quick phone call home as she ducked behind a wall. “Come on Mamma... come on Mom, pick it up” … checking make sure the coast is clear.  “Finally


“Hello Mamma,” Dona replies.


“Dona is that you?” Linda asked.


“Yes, Mamma… I’m sorry it’s late, but can you come to get me where being held prisoner at … Oh great, here she comes… Mamma were at the Downing's… Bye…”


“Donna, what are doing out of bed young lady? And who are you calling at this hour?” shaking her finger, “come on back to bed.” Martha placing the phone back on the hook.


“Come on, let’s go dear,” trying to sound mad. “Up on you are feet,” pointed her back down the hall,” Martha said seeing the three girls standing in the doorway waiting for her. “Now get in that bed and stay there both of you.”  As she winked at Julie and Anna then turning around smiling; “Grandma was right about that one, crafty just like her brother.  Good genes, its shame and too bad they're wasted. Oh well, there might still hope if their grandmother can turn that one around." Ma headed back to bed with extra light step whispering. “Alright Grandma start sharpen those axes for some more trees.”


“Everything ok Martha?” Steve asked as Wayne, Richard came out of the rooms.


“Just fine,” she said giving Steve a wink headed back to bed and Steve gives Richard and wink as well. “Well Wayne I have feeling our house might be lighter very soon,” and takes a deep breath climbs back into bed.


“Peggy whispered over to Dona. “Did you make it?” She asked


“Make what?” She asked elbowed her sisters hard in the ribs Oh that felt so good.


“Ouch,” Peggy said sluggers her in the arm.

 

“Ouch, that hurts,” Dona said.


“Girls go to sleep…. Please.” Julie scolds, but not until one of them gets pushed off the bed.


Julie turns on the light. “Alright, you two!” Julie and Anna tied them both together with the scarves put them both back in bed. “Now stay there.”


Julie whispered to Anna with a sigh of relief, “at least they will be leaving very soon if not sooner and get them out of our hair.” Julie said.


“Amen to that sister, amen… because those two do not know the meaning of word sister or fun; hate is all they see. They rather fight and bicker all day then play and have fun.”


Julie whispered back. “Unless that’s how they have their fun, who knows what goes on in their little-twisted minds.”



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes it's a full house for now and very twisted thanks for reading

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 4 Years Ago


Twisted indeed. That's one mighty full house. No chance for sneaking around.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 11, 2019
Last Updated on January 16, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep